Chapter 35: What next ?

My rage was boiling. I told Salvador to wait and I stood up and walked directly to where the car crash was. Salvadors men were trying to get the door open, and getting out the one who took Valentina, I pulled them off forcefully, out of my way and grabbed this man myself.

I held him up as he was still trying to breath and I punched him. Three punches and he couldn't steady himself and let himself fall onto the ground. He was weak, I can see. But I didn't care. I got on top of him and punched him harder than before.

I was furious I couldn't even stop even if I wanted to. Just then, Salvador's men grabbed me and pulled me away. "Sir Carlos, that's enough. Enough. He's had enough." I heard them say. I tried to fight them but their grasps on both of my arms was too strong. "Please, Sir Salvador needs you. Take him home. Will take care of him." I saw that this man was unconscious now so I walked away. I didn't feel sorry for him at all. I hated him. He took my sister and he almost killed my father, was it wrong to feel infuriated over that? I don't think so. My blood, it was boiling and it was on another level. I checked on Salvador again still fighting the pain. I helped him up and let him leaned on me as we walked over to my car.

_______________________________

Salvador had been in bed rest for a few days now. His private doctor did daily check ups and I was there every day. I get worried from time to time and thought about what he said.

It's too late now, it's all fucked up to back out. These people; they're gonna come for all of us. I need to do something about it.

Valentina paid a visit to see Salvador and she stayed awhile to just hang out with me. Salvador was asleep.

"He's gonna be okay, right?" She sat right next to me and we were both on the same side of our father's bed.

"Of course. Much needed rest, is all." I said softly as I grabbed her hand.

"Can I ask you something?" she asked softly.

I nodded.

"Is – dad ---- you know doing anything bad?"

"Why would you ask that?" I asked her, quietly.

"I hear stuff at school. Nobody says anything to my face but you know I hear things," she said looking down.

Honestly, I did not know how to answer that. I don't want to tell her the kind of situations we are in. Was it my place? No it's not. And Aunt Rosa doesn't even know. How should I answer to a teenage girl ?

"You know what, I don't think I'm the best person to ask about this, I think dad.... Will someday fill you in on everything when he thinks you're ready but what I can tell you .... Is that dad will do anything to protect you. He will do anything for you and that's all I know. As of right now, just ignore what you hear and enjoy being a teenager." I touched her cheek gently, reassuring her.

She just smiled, the sweetest smile ever.

"Hey, what happened to Ms. Tanner? I haven't seen her again. Do you still see her?"

"Ummm ----- yeah we see each other from time to time."

She gave a cheeky smirk.

"For work of course." I said countering.

She leaned her elbows on the bed and cupped her chin with her hands.

"What?" I asked confused of what she's thinking about now.

"Aunt Rosa told me she thinks you have a crush on her. Do you like her?" her eyes squinted.

"No. I don't know what made Rosa think that but no."

"She's pretty." She seemed dreamy.

"I know. That doesn't mean I have to like her. There are other things you can like a person for, not just their looks V.

"Well, is she smart?", she asked.

I shook my head, finding this sister of mine unbelievable with all the questions she's asking.

"Actually, she's – she's brilliant. She can be a bit annoying sometimes but she knows more than what she says you know. Full of surprises. She has ---- the perfect fragrance, I don't know but it's weird how I knew that about her when we first met. I think she's also brave ..... which explains why she's very stubborn sometimes. That's f---" I stopped myself from cursing and looked at Valentina.

"Really? I'm 18, not a saint."

"I was gonna say the f word. You know, she's f - annoying, that's all."

I didn't realize I said all those things about her and not shaken by it. Like, that's way too deep. I just gazed at the bed, quiet until I looked back up to Valentina smiling at me.

"What now ?" I rolled my eyes.

"I was wrong." She said.

"About what?" I asked.

"About you liking her." She held her head high.

"See, there you have it ---" she didn't let me finish.

"You love her." She screamed and I tried to shush her.

"Okay, don't you have homework to do or something. It's time for you to go home young lady."

I said avoiding what she just told me.

"I bet you two already kissed." She said and I looked at her astonished.

"Oh my gosh, you did. I'm right, aren't I ? Oh Carlos, she has to come to my birthday party please please."

"Nooooo noooo." I laughed trying to push her aside because she's all over my face begging. "Time for you to go home. Aunt Rosa is waiting." I stood up, grabbing her hand and facing her towards the door.

"Thanks for stopping by. Goodnight." I kissed her on the head and pushed her out the room, closing the door.

"Oh come on, not fair." I heard her whine.

"Go home Valentina." I laughed quietly and walking back to Salvador's bed.

Maybe it was just that ........ I got carried away with emotions that lead me to perfectly describe Fhallon Tanner's personal traits. But that's all there is. I don't want anything with her. Salvador is right. This is too risky. Argh but why does it feel like she's getting to me in the weirdest ways. I haven't contacted her since that night. I don't know how she's feeling but she must hate me. I don't blame her. It's almost a week now and with my father's condition, I seriously don't know what to do. Salvador's men locked up that man (whose name I have yet to find out) in the basement. What now ??? I thought, looking at Salvador.