Chapter 11: Re-united

Carlos POV:

I visited one of my dad's hotels to check on some things he wanted me to do. He had an office there, and he needed me to do some paper work. The General Manager's assistant brought in some coffee, eyeing me up and down with a grin on her face before she left the room.

I walked over the window to check out the view when I heard the door open again. I thought it was the assistant.

"Well, well, you are a grown man now" a male voice said and I turned around to find my father.

"Dad?" I said surprisingly walking over to him faster than the Flash. He hugged me. I felt like crying because this is the first time I saw him since mom and I moved away. We had our hug moment and it was exactly how I imagined it would be.

"My boy, you've grown," I laughed because he's been saying that several times.

We pulled back as he wanted to take a look at me. "And tall. You surely do take after your old man's side of the family. One of us had to though, look at me," he said laughing.

"Well, I used to be shorter than you," I said

He laughed. "I missed you so much son.

"I missed you too dad. Come, let's sit." He said, leading me to the couch in the sitting area of his office and just in time for the assistant woman to bring his coffee and some French biscuits.

"I didn't know you were coming; I could've picked you up." I said.

"I wanted to surprise you," he said smiling.

Dad took the coffee in his hand and took a sip, letting out a sigh of relief.

**Authors note: I do apologize for the delay in the updates. This is one of our busiest month at work and personal life too, so I haven't had the time to write but I will still my best :) be patient my dearest readers.