Chapter 61

"Another one please handsome," Gigi called out to the bartender. The cute bartender just shook his head and smiled. "We're celebrating my friend here," she said as she pulled me in closer for a hug. "She's getting a Blitzer ---"

I corrected her and said Pulitzer and she just waved me off, "potato, potatooooo"," Marsha and I laughed with Kenny.

After talking to the girls earlier, Gigi convinced both me and Marsha to go out for drinks. I also invited Kenny to come along because I always felt like he's my best friend at work and he's fun to be with. Russell couldn't make it for work reasons of course.

Before I left the apartment, I made a pledge to myself to drink as little as possible because my parents will be coming home tomorrow. Cannot meet them with a hangover. I drank a whole lot of water during each shots and drinks I've received from the these three.

Gigi's buzz level was higher than all of us but she was still able to hold her liquor. I think I'm the light drinker of the group. We gulped our shots, and hopefully that was the last one. For me, at least.

"Come on, let's go dance," I asked them, pulling Gigi and Marsha, Kenny followed when we left the bar. Gigi still texting on her phone and I had to watch out incase she trips.

"Oh my gosh. That bitch." She yelled not even looking up from her phone.

"Who is?," Marsha asked her.

"Fuck this girls, were going to the Phoenix Club. RIGHT NOW! Fhallon, your boyrfriend Carlos is there," she looked at me and smirked.

"I'm down with that, this club has no class anyways" Kenny said.

"What? No. Why do we need to go there? Here is fine," I said. "And please, he's not my boyfriend."

"How do you even know he's there?" Marsha asked.

"Fucking Britney from work, sent a fucking photo of her with him to our group chat. That bitch is always getting the good stuff," she said almost sounding like a complain. "She's saying that they know each other.

"Just let it go. It's just Carlos, not Ryan Reynolds. Let's just have fun here.," I said, dancing to the music and Kenny was also swaying with me.

She pulled me faster to her, our faces almost touched. Oh no. She's not letting this go. My eyes widened at this drunk woman.

"Fhallon Tanner, you are going to NY to receive some high class prize and I am begging you that we need this. I need this and you need to get some tonight to celebrate and I need to show Britney in her face, that my friend is doing Carlos Hogan. That bitch is always stealing my thunder Fhallon, please please," she said, jumping up and down and put on a sad face.

"Wait what? You and Carlos are a serious thing now?" Marsha asked with a huge grin.

Kenny heard this and his eyes were wide opened. "There's an update about you and Hogan I knew nothing about?"

"NO," I yelled. Because the music was too loud, we were basically screaming our conversation.

"YES. YES SHE IS!!!!" Gigi said.

"We cannot go there if he's there, it's ridiculous and obviously a desperate move," I flinched.

"No it doesn't. He doesn't own the club and hello, if he sees us then he'll probably think it's a coincidence," Gigi argued.

"Except it's not ---" she interrupted me as I try to argue back.

She groaned. "Can you not be so smart and buzz kill ? Can we just go with the unexpected, unplanned shit tonight.  It's your night. You are getting awarded for your work, and I wanna do this with you both .......oh and Kenny, sorry." She did her puppy eyes. "Please, please, I just wanna do something to shove in Britney's face and I know that sounds stupid because we are not kids anymore but that's my point right now, can we just be crazy and go with the flow tonight?"