Chapter 7: Girl talk

Marsha and Gigi slept over at my place. Gigi and I woke up to find Marsha already making us pancakes.

"Oh I love the smell of pancakes." I said, giving Marsha the biggest smile and pulling a stool by the counter to sit on, facing Marsha.

Gigi poured us some coffee as she sat down next to me.

"We drank a lot last night. We needed that. Thanks Georgina for the party" Marsha said.

"You're welcome sluts. Speaking of sluts, tell us again about your second meet cute with Carlos." Gigi said, teasingly.

I lightly punched her on the shoulder but she ended up teasing me more and Marsha joined in on her. "Yeah tell us. Tell us."

"Oh just shut up. It wasn't even a meet cute. I went to get some fresh air on the roof .... on my own.... and he happened to be there as well." I said rolling my eyes.

"You were gone for a long time, so there must be something." Marsha said, pushing the pancake plates to me and Gigi. "Eat up, my children." She said with a smirk.

"I'm telling you guys, we didn't talk much," I said taking a bite on my pancake.

"Oh my gosh do you think Holly saw?" Gigi asked with her eyes wide opened and mouth already filled with chunks of pancakes as she continuously chewed.

"Saw what? There's literally nothing," I said, raising an eyebrow at Gigi, chewing in my face.

"Yeah, but you guys came back in together," said Gigi.

"Well, I don't think she saw," I said.

"Okay, if you say so." Gigi said mumbling.

A flashback of me calling Russell came to mind, "Oh, I do have something to tell you guys."

They both gave me a look that says they knew there was something. "But not what you think. Not about Carlos." I said, sipping on the coffee again. "Russell kissed me."

"He kissed you?" Gigi uttered a shriek, and then giggled. "When was this?"

"It was last week when he came over. All I know was was that one minute, we were just cleaning up the wine that he had spilled and then next thing I knew; his lips touched mine." I said, using my hands to act out this scenario.

"Gigi, why are you acting so surprised? We both knew he had a thing for her." Marsha jumped in.

Gigi had a smirk on her face, "Yeah but we didn't know the fucker was going to act on it." Trust Gigi to say things in the weirdest ways but I don't mind. I'm used to it.

"Yeah but he's my friend. A dear friend," I said sighing.

"Okay, be honest here." Marsha sounding like a mother and Judge at the same time. "Are you telling us, your best friends, that not a single bone in your whole body feel even a tiny bit something for this guy."

"Even your libido." Gigi joked and Marsha shushed her.

I thought about it for a ten seconds. Then took a deep breath. "Honestly guys, I don't think of Russell that way and I don't look at him like that either. I love him......as a friend. He's a great guy and I appreciate him for being in my life but I can't see him anything more than ....... that. He's just a ---friend." I sighed, hating myself for mentioning the word friend a lot.

"Okay we believe you. You just said the word friend more than once, annoyed the heck out of me." Gigi said laughing.

"Is there something wrong with me?" I said, sighing again.

"Honey, no." said Marsha. "Sometimes you like men and sometimes you ...don't."

"Sometimes.... you happen to like women." Gigi said.

"Oh my gosh Gigi, shut up." Marsha said laughing.

And then a while after, we all laughed with her.

"You know, after Michael, I've never really thought about getting into a relationship. So I honestly didn't expect this, and with Russell, never. I like our friendship too much to have anything with him because I know it can jeopardize that relationship." I paused. Sighed louder than before. "But then that happened and now he's avoiding me more than I avoided him. I called him again last night and his voicemail answered."

"Honey, it was an awkward situation for the both of you especially for him. Just give it time."

"For now, I want to pretend like he didn't kiss me at all but argh...... it happened." Feeling frustrated and sad.

I could sense they were even sad about the situation.

I continued "And if he does bring it up when we do talk again, then I have to tell him how I truly feel. And I don't know if our friendship will still be there after." I sighed again, slamming my hand on my forehead.

"We know." Gigi said. "But it is, what it is.

"You will be fine." Marsha comforted me. "He needs to understand your reasons."

I nodded. "Thank you guys. I don't know what I'm going to do without you two." I said bringing them in for a hug.