Chapter 29: So over it !!!

The alcohol was slowly kicking in and I felt like punching somebody in the face. The Dj then played one of my favorites songs to dance to and all the girls screamed: 'My neck, my back' by Khia. Jeanie and Bernadette ran quickly to the dance floor pulling me along and all the other girls that we came with joined too. Let's just say we owned that dance floor. Hip movements, twerking, booty shake.... yup we brought it all out there. We had a thrilling time but then of course we had to come back and see him. Hugging her from behind and sometimes I swear, I catch him looking at me. Like he's enjoying the audience he's getting. Argh get a fucking room .... and a life too while you're at it. I finally got to a good place again and then he shows up. I trusted him above all and look at where that left me. I was alone and single and depressed for almost two months. Running into him was just a reminder of everything I had to lose. I'd spent so much time trying to forget that our relationship had ever even happened.
Suddenly I didn't feel like drinking anymore.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom." Rachel said and Jeanie went with her.

He leaned closer to me. Bernadette and Kenny eyeing us as they talked.

He whispered in my ear. "I'm sorry for showing up, but Rachel wanted me to pick her up." He paused. "She doesn't know .... about us. And I'd like for it to be that way .... please."

"Don't worry about it. Wasn't planning on telling her a part of my past I clearly don't want to remember." I rolled my eyes. Man I felt my heart feeling the past pains a little. I hated this.

"You need to get over this Fhallon. I didn't plan on meeting Rachel."

"Oh trust me, I'm over this. I'm over what happened. What I can't get over, is the fact that I'm looking at your stupid face once again. Also, how did you meet her ? Did you meet her in college, when you were dropping off your niece ?" I said this with too much confidence and yet my heart felt like it's been ripped a little as it did before with him. How dare he says I'm not over him.

"For your information, she's old enough; I checked."

I rolled my eyes as he took a sip from Rachel's drink.

Rachel and Jeanie came back and back to being all lovey dovey.

I excused myself to go outside for some fresh air. I was going to call Russell ... somehow, my fingers stopped. I didn't want to call Russell. I wanted to call .... Carlos. But I shouldn't ... right ? Have you ever felt like this before ? Like you're over someone but you just wanted to rub it in their face by showing up with somebody new? Yeah that's how I feel now because he broke up with me and tonight, him showing up just put me in a fucked up place. I just wanted to have someone to prove to this asshole's face that I'm over him.

I dialed the number. It rang several times. As I called, I murmured in my head this was a bad idea, biting my lower lip then biting my nails. Oh my gosh, he's not gonna answer. Of course why would he answer. Now I feel embarrassed. Just then he answered and it was already too late I hung up. Shit shit shit what have I done???? Remove your sim and move to China maybe? That would help.

My phone rang and I saw that it was him. What should I do? I was nervous over a phone call. This is pathetic. I answered. "Hello?"

"Did you just call me and then hung up ?" He asked.

"Ummm yeah... you know what ... my apologies... it was stupid ..." I stuttered.

"My apologies ? Why are you so formal tonight ? Tanner is everything okay ?" He asked softly.

"Umm yeah it's fine ... I'm so sorry I called ... I just" still stuttering.

"Where are you ?", he asked.