Chapter 42

"You have your phone ?" My eyes widened when realized my phone was in my purse that she took. I groaned.

I looked at him assuming he knows I was asking where his phone was.

"She took mine too after she came out here pretending her battery died and she needed to use mine. Next thing I knew, she locked the door on me. Didn't know she came to get you. And it looks like, everyone's having fun in there to notice someone is missing." He said disappointingly.

My arms crossed over my chest. "Don't worry golden boy, they'll come for you soon. Because nobody ...  knows me here." I said rolling my eyes and walking to the fence. I felt shaken being close to the fence , and I tried my very best not to look down.

"Are you okay ?" He asked.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I snapped.

"I'm just checking," he said his hands raised in the air like he's ensuring me he does not mean harm. He turned and walked the other way.

"I didn't think you'd come." He said unbuttoning two top buttons of his white shirt under his black blazer. Oh man, he looks good in that suit but boy oh boy I hate him right now. I really do.

"Well, I came for your sister." I said turning my face away from him when I saw that he turned his head towards my way.

A brief glance and I saw the grin on his face.

"Wipe that grin off your face. I didn't come here to see you." I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't say anything." He gave me a death stare.

It was quite for a while. "Just so you know, it meant nothing to me too." I snapped and stormed to the wall grabbing the sides of of my dress incase I trip over it.

Silence.

I said what I said and yet why do I feel goosebumps all over my body knowing he's stuck outside with me. Being close with him after how many weeks, I think this situation makes my heart flutters but I still hate him for what he said to me.
I had to hold my tongue in because anything else that comes out of my mouth would make me seem immature and childish. It's over and done with Fhallon. You said your piece.

"I don't know why I said that because honestly .... I find you attractive, I find myself enjoying your company during our unexpected encounters and .... I kinda like kissing you."  I gazed,  he said this without flinch. If my senses are correct; I have to say I felt my guards coming down ... a little bit. I tightened my arms around my body. "I think ..... you kinda feel the same way." He continued.

I shook my head. "As if," I said in a whisper but he heard me still. He walked slowly towards me and I find myself walking away from where I was standing to the door. I shook the door so hard and called out for someone to open the damn door but no one was near by and no one could hear with that loud music inside. Argh fuck this !!! I shook it again. Nothing.

I am not letting anything happen again. Not like last time. He's not gonna get to me ever again. I walked aimlessly around the balcony and I saw him relaxed as he leaned his back against the wall, looking up to the sky. I don't have a habit of biting my finger nails but somehow I found myself biting them nails, contemplating what I can do to get away from this man. Wait, he's trying to scare me? He's trying to make me give in to him ? He thinks I can't control myself from him? Can he ? My thoughts riled me up that I ended up snapping at him. "I know what you're doing."

He rolled his eyes. "Oh , I didn't know I was doing something. What now ?"

I continued to say and walked closely to him. "You think I would give in to you every time because you're Carlos Hogan, well guess what ? You're not that special. It's not ... gonna happen. Got it ?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "Got it. Just stop kissing me."

I took a deep breath. Inhaled and exhaled slowly.
"No, no ... you ... stop kissing me." I said patiently.

He lowered his face towards mine as he rolled up his sleeves. "Come on Tanner, I think we both know kissing works both ways. I kissed you, you kissed me back. If you didn't like it, you would have stopped me the first time. Or the second. Or third ?" His face so close to mine I swore I felt like the warmth of my body was about to rise to meet him. Was it possible he could sense it ? I started to be nervous by that thought and I quickly moved and turned away. "This is ridiculous."

He then grabbed me by the hand before I could walk away and pulled me to him and with that, nothing could have stopped him.

He held my chin with both hands and kissed me. He kissed me as if my mouth were a cup he needed to desperately drink from. He was soft at first and then let the kiss deepen. His tongue sends waves of heat in my mouth and down my throat.

I put my hands on his chest and he stopped slowly and part his lips while his face still brushes against mine, "tell me to stop ...... and I'll stop," he whispered.

I still hate him but at the same time I was just thirsty for his lips as he was with mine. I shook my head. "This is confusing me -" I kissed him little at a time "but I can't help it." I sounded slightly breathless. Then he drove in with his kisses, twisting his tongue in me. I kept taking breaths and starting over.

He lifted me up a little and leaned me against the wall with one arm around my waist and on my back; then his hand slowly slid down my back and I felt goosebumps all over because my dress was backless. He then lifted and help up my thigh on his side. My hands behind his head slid down to his biceps where I gladly felt them, squeezing it at my own expense. I smiled quietly.

He sucked in so hard on my lips and I found myself breathing heavily in him.

I then, unbuttoned his shirt, driven by the need to feel his hard chest. His heart was beating hard, and almost too fast to believe. He pulled me in, kissing my collarbone , creating flashes of heat where they pressed into his skin.

He then kissed my chest as both his hands moved down to my lower body and I knew that we were going to do it. Right there at that very moment. I was ready. Was he ???

Suddenly, the sound of the door opening quickly made us stop and pulled ourselves away from each other. We tried to act normal as two middle aged ladies came out with their electric cigars on their hands.

When they spotted us, they giggled and I blushed with embarrassment.

Carlos tunneling his hands through his hair and walked back and forth, looking up at the sky. I straightened up my dress and smooth my hair. "I'll see you around. Goodnight." I said to Carlos not waiting to see if he turned around.