Chapter 14: Trying to get over this

Carlos POV:

I haven't seen Holly, my dad in weeks. I didn't want to see anyone, really. Finding out something that big from my dad, that's fucked up. I hate it. I hate it. I checked my phone, 2 missed calls from my dad and 10 missed calls from Holly. Danny and Jake even called me. Someone is always calling, I thought.

"Sir Carlos?" I heard Monica calling out from outside the room as she continuously knocked

"What is it Monica?" I asked her, as I still lay in bed.

"Can I just come in?", she asked softly.

"Fine but make it quick," I said.

She walked in, an intimidating look on her sweet face. Sometimes, she's like a mother to me.

"Your father has been calling the landline non-stop and so did Ms. Holly. I think you need to see them."

"Why should I? I like it better when I isolate myself from people who have deceived me." I said, giving myself a face palm.

"Who are you talking about exactly?", she asked looking around the room. Yes it's a mess but that's because that's exactly how I feel right now about everything.

I shook my head. "Never mind." Trying to avoid anything that I would regret letting out.

"Did something happened to you and Holly?, she asked.

I just didn't move or looked at her when she asked. Just ignored that question and kept looking at the ceiling.

"Or perhaps, your father ?" She asked again.

I chuckled softly then sighed, still not looking at her.

She took a deep breath "For me, I think you should see and talk to your father. I don't know what happened to you guys but he's still your father. You need to sort this out."

"You wouldn't understand Monica, please," I said, rolling my eyes not caring if she saw.

"I'm a mother Sir Carlos, I have kids and every time we have a disagreement it kills me and that's why at the end of the day, we always make sure to patch things up again. It's not a good feeling to leave someone hanging or be angry at someone for a long time. You don't know what might happen tomorrow or the day after that. Life is too short, don't stay angry for long. It's been weeks. That's punishment enough, well for him anyways." She shrugged her shoulders.

There was a moment of silence. I sighed averting my eyes to the windows.

"Also, you need a shower. This room stinks because of you," her sweet comforting voice suddenly changes to this motherly tone. I scoffed as she gave me a wince as she left the room.