Chapter 28: The not so nice surprise

Fhallon's POV:

It was Friday night, and when it's Friday, I believe it's always the day that most people with jobs scheduled drinking. Kenny messaged our group for drinks. So most of us from our previous drink up were all going and this time; Rachel joined. We decided to go to this club called Bierman's City. It's a bit far from where we usually go to hang out but it was the best one in town, with the best music.
We took shots when we got there. First round was on Kenny and then second one was on Jeanie. Rachel screamed after gulping her second one and I assumed it was from her the feeling of joy?
The bartender passed our drinks, eye crossing Rachel with a grin. I took a sip from my glass, reminding myself not to drink too much. Remember what happened last time Fhallon. You don't want a repeat of that. And with that, my mind wondered back to Carlos kissing me. I mean I don't care about it. I really don't. It was just a kiss. A kiss that was warm, making me felt safe and at .... ease... considering the situation we were in. I think I'm attracted to this guy! Oh just shut up!!! Shut up!!!! I said, face palming my face and drank the whole glass of wine in one go. "Damn girl, you go girl!" I hear Jeanie hyping me up.
Then my eye caught someone walking towards where we were; that I never thought I would ever again see. Michael Curtis, the man who broke my heart when he ended things with me. Someone I used to love and whom I thought loved me but not enough to stay with me forever. The very man who broke up with me because he thinks I focus on my work more than our relationship? Are all men whiny as this asshole ? I know this was reality but why did it feel like he was walking in slow motion. That fucking brown hair. His fucking light brown eyes. Argh and even when he's not smiling, he looks even better. But what the fuck was he doing here ? And more importantly, why the fuck was he walking towards me ???

"Hey Fhallon," he said softly once he got to me. Finally ! Took him forever to walk here!

My heart was pounding harder. With anger I suppose. "I'm sorry, are you here to see me?" I asked, confused.

"Actually I'm here to ——-

"Babeeeeeeeee"  a loud piercing scream passed by my ears and I saw Rachel running with open arms, jumping and hugging Michael. "You came."

Kenny and Jeanie came behind me with shocking looks on their faces. "Oh my fucking gosh." I heard Jeanie said. Everyone at work knows my relationship with Michael. We've been together for a year.

The happy couple turned to face us properly. "Guys, this is Michael, my boyfriend."  Rachel introduced him. Some said hi and some just waved hi. I was more shocked than everyone.

"Kenny, can you give me two more shots. Wait three - no four." I whispered aggressively, still staring at the happiest looking couple with utter amazement as they act all lovey dovey in front of us.

"I don't think that's a good -" Kenny tried to tell me.

"Now." I said, almost snapping at him.

"O-Kay," he said. He came back with a tray of tequila shots within seconds. Jeanie, and Bernie who was at the other side with a friend came running thinking the shots were for us. "Oh great, more shots". I lightly slapped their hands away and downed those shots in an instance. Yup, Fhallon Tanner had those quaffed in just three seconds. I said in my mind, referring to myself as the third person. I didn't even need  a dirty lime garnish and salt for that event. Gosh I felt so proud and at the same time, sad about what and who I ran to. Now I have to look at them playing Romeo and Juliet the whole night.

"Do you think she knows?" Jeanie asked quietly and Bernadette who just realized the situation now opened her mouth with a flabbergasted look and joined in. "Oh my gosh, this is ... weird."

"I don't think she does," I told Jeanie. "It's better that way... I think. Right?" I asked the other two for reassurance but they looked just as confused as I was.