Trust requires you to be transparent ..."

The next morning, Carlos woke me up and told me he wanted to talk to me.

Last night's kiss replayed in my head again when I saw him. After that kiss, we just fell asleep. I loved being that close to him.

"Hey," he greeted me with grin as I tried my best to sit up to his level, wrapping the blanket around me.  I noticed he was fully dressed. "Hey, it's so early. Are we - going somewhere?"

"No, no, just - me," he sighed.

"Where?" I asked, rubbing my eyes to be fully awakened. "I can't really talk about it yet."

"Seriously, we're back to that?", I asked.

"It's not that simple," he tried to justify.

"How long am I not going to see you again this time?", I asked, my voice shook.

"I don't know. You just need to trust me," he said as calmly as he could.

"I am trying Carlos. But trust sometimes --- requires you to be transparent with what you're doing ."

He shook his head. "Not about everything,"  I was starting to be angry as he leaned closer to kiss my forehead but I stood up and pulled away from him. "NO! You don't get to kiss me, and then shut me down when I ask questions."

"You know what? Don't talk to me about transparency. I don't even know everything that you do and I have no problem with it," he argued back.

"That's because I don't have dark secrets as you do," I said.

"Fhallon --" he muttered. "Please, try to understand. It's for your own good. I am trying to protect you."

"From what? You told me you already sort it out. Or is it your father, that still wants me dead?" I snapped. 

"I'm not doing this, I need to go right now," with a sigh he stood up and walked to the door.

Contrary to what you obviously think, I snapped, I can take care of myself.  I wanna go back to my own apartment and my own life Carlos. I might as well because you are not telling me anything. I'm not doing this with you," I shrieked.

"Fine, do whatever you want. I can't do this with you. Just can't" he slammed the door on his way out and he didn't even look back.

What does he mean? Are we on the off switch again on something that I don't even know what it's called? It's rarely a relationship. How is it possible to like someone before and then one minute later, you hate him?