Chapter 23: We go in

Carlos POV:

Despite what my father told me about what the Sonora cartel wanted; for him to surrender himself to them, I turned that down.

We met with them at their domain. My father and I went in with six of the guys and as we entered this room, a grey haired bodach sat by the head of the long table, facing us as we walked in.

We were instructed where to sit. There were two armed men on the bodach's sides and about three behind us. They removed our guy's guns before we came in but I wasn't' worried about that.

"Salvador, welcome." The man said with a grin on his face.

"Thank you Ricardo. It's been a while," Salvador said seriously.

So that's Jose Ricardo, I clenched my jaw, holding my fists in.

"We didn't expect to see you here so soon." He paused, eyeing me. "And I see you've brought ------ friends."

"This is ----- my son, Carlos." Salvador said, looking at me over his shoulder.

He grinned. "Your boy? Time flies huh. I'm guessing he will take over your legacy."

"Cut this nonsense Ricardo. Where is my daughter?", Salvador stood up, slamming his fist on the table.

Ricardo just smiled, no hesitation seen on his face. I never wanted to strangle someone so much in my life. "Of course," he waved his hand to one of the men. He went in for about a minute. The door opened and out he came with Valentina, dragging her by the arm. I jumped to try and go to her but two of the men aimed their guns at me. "Easy!

"Papa?..... Carlos.....!!! she started sobbing. She was still in uniform with a hoodie over it.

"Son, wait," Salvador said calmly. "Release my daughter, please !!!

"Uh – uh –uh." Ricardo waved his index finger in the air, indicating a no. "You know the deal. You ..... for the girl, Salvador."

Salvador looked at me with sad eyes, nodding. "Dad, no, no!

Ricardo laughed. "After how many years, the majesty of the Sinaloa now caved."

Suddenly a male voice called out from behind us, kicking the door opened. "Boss, look who we found snooping around the premises."

I didn't really care to see who it was as my eyes were focused on Valentina, feeling for her. Wanting to take her away from that asshole. She was petrified.

"It's that reporter." That's when I turned to see Tanner. For a moment, I was in a daze state, wondering how the hell does this woman end up where I am. My eyes widened.

"Who is this – reporter? Forgive me young lady for having no knowledge about your reputation. These days, I just don't keep up with the news. It's pure rubbish and boring. I just don't ——- get it" Ricardo taunted.

Tanner scoffed. "You don't get the news ? Well no doubt about that because you look just as dumb as the fucker over here to ever understand what the news are trying to inform you on." She said taking a bold glance at Ricardo, then eyeing the guy holding her arm, up and down. I was taken aback when she said that and almost laughed. The guy shook her and told her to shut up.

"Of course, they always send in the ones with the smart mouths." Ricardo said with a smirk on his face. For an old man, he sure has the energy to talk and move around a lot. "Fine, another one added to our party; to report whatever rubbish she can. Salvador, shall we continue?"

Salvador took short steps away from us now. It was only a few seconds of silence when suddenly, Tanner tripped Salvador, elbow punching the man that was holding her and busting an object that I realized later it was a smoke bomb; when it condensed in the atmosphere forming a smoke of finely dispersed dye particles. This woman is fucking awesome, I thought.