Chapter 47:

Office meeting! Great! Just what I don't need. My mind still wondered off to last night that I didn't even realize Richard was asking me something. Kenny nudged me on the elbow.

"Tanner, are you okay there?" Richard's voice sets in.

"Yes. Yes, I'm fine." I murmured, placing my pen behind my ear.

"Okay good, the story, Salvador. It's been weeks. Do I need to see you in my office to discuss where we're at or is it ready?"

I shook my head. "No, I uh think I just need time to go through the whole thing and check the facts. You know, just to be safe." I played with my hair a little when I said that. I was nervous. I know the half of that article is on my computer, ready as it could ever be.

"Great, you can do that today and then .... goes to publication tomorrow," he instructed.

"Wait, no please. That's too soon." I said loudly. Too loud and my eyes were wide opened when I realized that. I chuckled.

He stopped, giving a sharp glare. Well, the whole room stopped and their glaring eyes were on me.

Richard, lowering his glasses. "Is ... there a problem?"

It took me a while to respond.

I was starting to have anxiety over this.

And to make it much worse, I slept with the story last night in my house. Or part of it. "I just don't think it's ready to go out yet. It doesn't feel ..... complete."

"Why don't you let me worry about that. Just send it to me and I'll have a look," he said going back to his notebook.

In the mood that Richard was in, getting a point across would just put me in an awkward position and an embarrassing one at that. I decided not to say more.

Oh shit. I have to tell Carlos about this before tomorrow.  Because I don't want his dad to hurt anyone, that's why.

I quickly went to my office and checked the article on my computer. I found myself in the same position again, contemplating what to do about. I hated it.

I grabbed a flash drive from my drawers; cut and paste the story in it. I'll talk to Carlos first, just to give him a heads up.

As I exit the office door, Rachel asked where I was going.

"Out!" I said softly. She looked she's at an unease edge.

"Rachel, is everything okay ?" I asked.

"Yeah ... I was going to wait but umm I just couldn't anymore -" she said as she opened her drawer and took out an envelope.

She handed it to me. "It's a wedding invitation."

I looked puzzled.

"Ours. Michael and I." She said with so much joy on her face.

"Oh." I gasped. "You got a date. Wow!" I said chuckling.

"Yeah we're both so inlove and we just couldn't wait. I actually haven't given out invitations here, to the few that are invited because I wanted you to be the first. You've been so kind to me and I actually enjoying working under you. It would mean so much to me if you're there."She said politely.

"Oh Rache, this is great. I'm so happy for you."

"You are ?" She asked, her beaming smile. That smile must have been the reason Michael stole this girl's heart.

"Of course I am. Come here, you" I went around her desk and hugged her tightly. I really hoped Michael had changed because I don't want this poor girl to get hurt. If he's changed .... then I'm happy for the both of them, especially Rachel.