Chapter 53

I was back to work after a few days. I didn't receive any calls from Carlos or whatsoever, which was fine because I think at this point I just needed to focus now. I didn't see any of his family or hear from them again either. Fucking great! I think it was time that I cut out these connections because it does get in the way of my work and I hate getting personal or well people taking it personal with me.

Work was still the same , everyone is still doing their own thing. Richard didn't even call me in his office again.

"Hey, welcome back," I looked up from my desk to find Rachel.

"Hi Rachel," I said giving her a smile.

"I'm so happy to see you again," she said

"Yeah that flu really messed me up, but I'm back now." I said straightening up my back.

"Anyways, the wedding -?" She said and I cut her off.

"Oh right, shit. It's getting closer - " I said, remembering I still haven't opened the invitation.

I secretly opened the drawer and peeked a look. "Oh wow, it's in a month. Wow, time flies."

"I know," she said beaming.

"Oh my gosh, this is exciting," I said. "Wow. That's great." I said with a smile.

"Yeah we just can't wait anymore," she beamed. "I feel like a month is only like a day away you know."

"Well go ahead and do it. This is your time," I said nodding.

"So who are you bringing as your plus one? Is it, maybe , Mr. Hogan?"

I looked confused but I remembered the whole thing that happened for her to think that way. I chuckled. "Oh right. The plus one part. I umm haven't decided yet. But will see. You know he's a busy man."

"What ? He likes you and I think he'll drop everything and come with you," wow so positive and all , I thought when she said this.

I faked a smile "Yeah sure. Will just see on the day."

"Okay you guys are a good couple. Anyways, I will get back to my work and I'll see you at lunch time." She said nodding and I nodded back.

Oh fucking great. Now what am I to do about this ??? I sighed.