Chapter 5: The night is still young

Fhallon's POV:

Rachel yawned, flipping through the pages of a document that she was holding. We've been doing some background check on Salvador's story for a few days now. The information I had from Russell helped a lot but after what happened between us and last week, we haven't spoken since. I still can't believe that happened. Gigi and Marsha's assumptions and teasings have taken a turn to reality and I still haven't told them Russell kissed me. They would flip and I would never hear the end of it and also of the million 'I told you so,' from them.

Anyways I did some digging on this story so I wouldn't have to think about the awkwardness in that moment. I had Rachel go through what she can find from other news channel. Poor girl, I'm sure she's already feeling burnt out from this. I spent almost the entire week struggling, unable to figure out the most basic aspects of this story.

It's Friday already and also it's the night for Gigi's cocktail party and here I was, my head buried in this fucking story. "Fuuuuck it," I froze, as I realized I said that out loud. Rachel's eyes widened, holding in her laughter. "Are you okay?"
I nodded, "You know what, let's continue this tomorrow. You, can go home or .... out, because we are done for the day. I, on the other hand, have an event to attend and that is my best friend's event.

"Thank you so much." Rachel said excitingly.

I just smiled at her while packing up my things, getting ready to leave and at the same time quoting Macbeth in my head Had I but died an hour before this chance/I had liv'd a blessed time....." okay that's all I remember. I laughed to myself in my head while walking out.

"Rachel, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Have fun." I heard her say.

I already had something to wear in mind. A long gold satin gown, with a low cut, deep plunge and a high slit. I swear a lot of dresses these days always had a slit. Top it off with some gelato lace up platform heel in black faux leather. I bought the dress a while ago and haven't worn it yet. It's a good thing there's an event to be worn it too otherwise it would be getting older in my closet, serving no purpose.

My phone rang and it was Gigi. "Fhallon Tanner, speaking?"

"Oh my gosh Fhallon, guess who's here?" Gigi's screaming voice on the other end of the line.

"Megyn Kelly?" I guessed, sarcastically.

"What, no! Carlos Hogaaaaannn," she said screamingly again.

"Wait what? Why?", I asked.

"So Holly, our boss' niece came with him. I don't know if they're together or whatever but he's here. I want to ask him for a photo but I'm too nervous. Maybe when the alcohol hits, then I'll do it."

"That's up to you. But just remember this is your office event. Behave," I said laughing.

"Yeah, yeah. Come already," she said.

"Yeah soon. I just got home. Marsha is picking me up," I said, walking to the fridge, opening a bottle of wine. Poured myself a glass.

"Okay, see you soon. Hurry up," she said.

"See you soon. Bye." I hung up the phone.

I don't have any issues with him or whatsoever. It's fine. It's fine. It's not going to be awkward. I'm a journalist. Yes, I am. My thoughts piling up in my head. I chugged my wine in one go. And then another. And then one more. Ooh that feels good. Music!!! I said to myself, feeling the party vibe now.

I clicked on my playlist and search for Rihanna's songs and played it through my Bluetooth speaker "This is what you came for,". Her songs always makes you feel good, a badass, doesn't it? I swayed a little to the beat before I grabbed my towel and headed to the bathroom.

I looked at myself in the mirror as I put on that gorgeous dress and this time the Riri's song Diamonds is now playing. Yasssss girl, yassssss l!!!!! Me hyping my own self in my head and dancing to the song in front of the mirror as I fixed my hair and putting on a little bit of make-up.
My phone rang. "Marsha, you here?
"Yasssss, come out now," Marsha was already hyped herself when I got to her car.