"Until he gets back?"

I woke up to find Carlos gone from bed. I stretched my arms wide opened, letting out a yawn. Why do I still feel so tired? I ran the back of my hand around my chin and the corners of my mouth, wondering if I was embarrassingly drooling or snoring when I was asleep.

I cleaned up and made my way downstairs to find Carlos but rather found someone else that was not him.

Um hello?, I asked, a bit unsettled after last night.

Oh hi Ms. Tanner, Im Keil. Hogan told me to keep an eye on you and --- Monica, he paused pointing outside. Monica was picking up flowers, until he gets back.

Oh. Okay. A forced smile spread across my face. I walked passed him to approach Monica.

The sun was shining beautifully and the minute it hit my skin, it suddenly felt warm, it felt good.

Monica saw me and waved.

Hey, youre up, breakfast is ready if youre starving, she informed me nicely.

Do you happen to know where he is?, I asked puzzling.

She took a while to respond, No, sorry. He didn't say.

How much do you know about his father?, I asked knowing what I was asking her but still shoot my shot.

She chuckled, Im sorry Ms. Tanner, I really dont know anything. But even if I did, I dont think I would be obliged to tell you that sort of business. Mr. Hogan has become ---- more secretive about his family ---- since those articles ---- you published.

Right, I sighed, crossing my arms over my chest.

Listen, he had informed me earlier about happened last night. He uh – also told me to tell you to stay here until he gets back, she said.

Until he gets back?, I asked.

Hes on his way out of town but he'll be back tonight, she replied.

There was a pause.

Mr. Hogan, I can imagine him going through a lot of stuff. I know he also misses Valentina and Rosa, she said softly.

When was the last time he saw them?, I asked.

A few weeks ago, at the airport when he said goodbye to them, she said and saw my puzzled face.

For NY, she continued. I assumed hed already told you.

Why would he? I thought. I probably was a part of the reason why he sent them away.

Anyways  if you need anything  let me know. She smiled and continued on in picking up her flowers.

I needed answers but that will have to wait until Carlos gets back.

I wanted to talk to someone.  But I couldn't. How about Russell? Maybe not. Not about this.