Chapter 51

It's Saturday night. The guys have left. I miss them already. If anything, I would have gone with them back home but instead I'm stuck here, trying to clean up the mess Salvador did.
The article came out. Not entirely the whole thing that happened. Tanner wrote it in a way that indicates, something big was coming. She did mention Salvador and what was he hiding ? It's a good start huh ? Think she really did gave me a chance there. She gave Salvador a chance. A chance for what though ? For him to come clean. He would never do that. Yet I'm the one stressing about this and not him. She didn't take my calls after that. I took it that she's upset that she didn't wrote out everything that she saw. Things that she knows. I know she didn't do that for me. She did it for the people that could get hurt. That reminds me; aunt Rosa have been asking questions about what that article meant. Why would Tanner write something that looked like it's leading somewhere ? I didn't have the heart to tell her.

"We're gonna let you go," I said to the man that was stuck in the basement for weeks now.

"It's about time," he said, spitting. "Finally realized you're never gonna get anything from me huh ?"

Gosh I hate that smirk on his face.

"Just shut the fuck up," I stood up and punched him on the face. I said, feeling so annoyed with this dumb fuck.

I signaled Koen to untie him and get him out.

Suddenly the door opened, Salvador walked in, and shot this guy without any word. I was stunned. I held my breath.

"What the fuck did you just do?" I asked, shockingly.

"You we're going to let him go?" I saw one of the men next to him. He must have called and told Salvador. "That's not how we do things around here, Carlos. I'm quite disappointed."

I snapped, "You disappointed? You just killed a man."

He chuckled. "Why do you care ? He's not all innocent. He's just like us. He's in the cartel, what do you expect he does ? Give out candies to children ? If there's anything, I did this society a favor, decreasing the number for terrible people like him. Like us."

I have no more words for this moment. He's fucking horrible. I stormed passed him, infuriating.

"That journalist, son, let this be a reminder of what we do ... you know ... when we don't like certain situations. I saw the article."

"She didn't write -" he cut me off.

"I know what I read. I also know what she's trying to do. She's hinting and .... it's only a matter of time before the Police, the FBI will dig into our ... business. That first step of hers, got us in this mess. This man's death was on her hands. I told her what would happen and she went anyways and published that stupid article." He said as I looked at him over my shoulder. I was filled with anger. So much rage. I slammed the door on the way out.