Chapter 55:

I was on my way to my car and saw someone there with a white coat. Soon I made it out to be Valentina.
"Valentina! Hi! What are – what are you doing here?" I asked opening my car and putting my bag inside, closing it again.

She had a nervous look on her face. "What does your article mean? About my father? Did he do something wrong?"

"Hey, calm down. Calm down. Breathe," I hugged her and waited for her to be calm.

"Look, I can't – I can't talk to you about that stuff. It's not my place. Maybe talk to your dad about it." I emphasize with her.

She shook her head. "My dad won't even open up to me about anything."

"Or your brother. Talk to him," I said.

She shook her head again. "I would ... if he were around."

"What do you mean?" I asked, a bit shocked.
"I haven't seen him and he didn't come to visit for the last few days. Probably left to go back to his mother."

"Well, didn't you check his place or your dads?"
"I did. No one's there. Nothing. Why do you think I came here?" she seemed upset.

"Hey, come, I'll give you a ride back home. Everything will be okay."

I brought her around to the passenger seat.

As I buckled up my seat belt she asked if she could spend the night.
"I don't think that's a good ---

"Please, please. I just need to be away from my family for a while. Just tonight. Please." I couldn't say no to that depressed face so I said yes to her.
"Valentina, what about your aunt? She might be worried. You need to call her."
She nodded. "I will. When I get home."

I had the urge to call Rosa but I trusted her that she will. I told her she could use the other room. I only have two rooms in my apartment.

I then quickly cooked up mashed potatoes and steak and beans for dinner while she was in there, showering.

After cooking, I still didn't see her coming out. So I went to check up on her, only to find out she was dead asleep on the bed, her phone still in hand. I slowly walked over, took off her phone and put it next to her pillow and cover her up with the sheet.
I feel for her, she must have a lot of confused feelings right now because of Salvador and honestly I kinda wish we didn't know each other like we do now. I have a job to do and lately, I've been getting really emotional now and then over these sort of things.

I came out feeling bad myself. I published that article and it raised so many questions. I sighed. What am I to do now ? I walked over to the kitchen, looking at the pots and pans with food in them, and didn't feel like eating anymore. I sighed louder. I should put it away. Yup, a whole lot of cleaning. About two minutes into the cleaning process and I heard a knock on the door.

My mind wondered who could it be and I don't know why, but I thought it could be Russell.

"Oh. Hey," I said as I opened the door. "Of course it's you."