Chapter 38:

** Author's note: Kindly be informed, we are back to Fhallon's POV, continuing from chapter 33.

Fhallon's POV:

I had half of the story already. I thought looking at the computer screen and think about what I should do. All you need to do is press send Fhallon. Submit IT to Richard and it will be the end of his nagging you about this story. The world is in your finger tip Fhallon Tanner. How long has it been since you saw "what's his face" name? Wow it's almost a month. You typed this story, you've edit it too many times and every day, you would open it up only to close it down again and not submit it. The only thing between you and that story is that send button.

Why should I care about that asshole after what he said to me, right? He's nothing to me as I am nothing to him. And as far, as I'm concerned, we're not partners anymore. I don't even know why I even suggested that in the first place. I can do this on my own. He is a subject, a topic. I don't have to care. But he's also right on the part about his family. Rosa and his sister. They didn't do anything wrong and yet will live with this for the rest of their lives. Who ever thought this will be one of the hardest decisions of my life? Argh, damn you Carlos. Damn you!!!!

The landline rang and I picked it up.

"Fhallon, there's a Valentina here for you." Belle, the receptionist informed.

Valentina? What is she doing? I wondered.

"Okay, umm can you send her in please?"

"Sure." The line ended.

I closed the tabs on my computer. Tidied up a bit on the desk, and straightened out my high waist nude skirt with a floral navy blue long sleeves blouse.

I organized the cushions on the sofa, thanks to my promotion as chief reporter two years ago I got an office of my own.

Rachel opened the door and lead them in. It was not just Valentina, it was her and Rosa.  "Thanks Rache," I said and as soon as she left, Valentina ran to me with open arms. "Oh my gosh, it's good to see you again." She hugged me tightly.

"Valentina, you look well. I'm glad to see you. Both of you." I said looking at Rosa. Valentina really does look well.

"We're so sorry to barge in like this but this young lady kept insisting on visiting you." Rosa smiled.

"It's okay, it's great. It's not every day I get visitors so this is a lovely surprise."

She handed me a box of cupcakes and then gave me a hug.

I put it on the table and I showed them to the lounge area to take their seats.

"So, what brings you here?" I said giving my best hospitality smile.

Valentina took a deep breath before she smiled at me again "Well, I know we don't know each other that much but you saved my life and I really want to get to know you more." She paused for a while. I was wondering if you would like to attend my birthday party." She handed me the invitation with her face full of joy ..... and hope. "Oh and don't worry, totally a small gathering." She didn't looked convincing when saying that but I know she said that, incase I might not want to show up due to a lot of people.

"Oh," I said smiling, but considering how I left things with Carlos, me showing up would be awkward and most importantly, how can I politely say no?

"Oh wow, 19 huh?" I said, opening the invitation and spotting the date was next week Wednesday. I'm fucked.

"This is so sweet, truly – but I can't, I kinda have somewhere to go on that day."

Her happy face suddenly dropped. I felt so bad putting her in that situation. But I hate to see Carlos again after what happened.

"I'm so sorry." I said, feel worse than ever. Rosa rubbing Valentina's back and telling me it's okay.

"Oh," she said looking down. "That's okay."

I debated with my inner self accepting the invitation because I started to feel so bad, looking at her face be that way. It took me a while but surprisingly I ended up changing my mind. "Gotchaaa." I tried to make it seem like I was joking before which I wasn't. "Of course I'm coming. I'll be there." Valentina screamed and ran across and hugged me. "Thank you, thank you. You'll love it, it's a black and white party." I hugged her back.

I asked them about Carlos as I pulled back from Valentina. "Did Carlos say anything, you know?"

"About what?" Valentina asked.

"I don't know, us -----what we're working together on."

She shook her head and looked at Rosa, who shook her head too. "No, he doesn't really talk about work with us. Yeah I had a feeling he would be that way but just wanted to ask from a different angle if he had told them about our argument; which he didn't.

I guess today isn't the day to submit that story too. Fuck me!!!!