Apologizes

This morning as a bit odd, Y/n still didn't want to stay but if it meant she received her fair share, she would do it. Wanda was sitting at the kitchen table tapping her finger on the table. It was her job in the compound to greet the guest more than the others, she just had a weird feeling about Y/n casing her to do what she did.

She didn't know exactly what she did, she was trying to read her mind and accidentally showed Y/n something that haunted her no matter how many times she pushed it down. She pushed away from the table grabbing the cup of coffee next to her hand and made her way up the stairs.

Y/n had woken up to light knocking on her door, it went on for a minute...then two. Then before it could happen a third time Y/n got out of bed and opened the door startling the redhead a bit who was just about to knock again.

She sighed looking at the girl who made her live a nightmare that's been replaying in her head ever since yesterday. Wanda cleared her throat before speaking then looked to her right across the hall then back to Y/n. She had a cup of coffee in her hands then held it out for Y/n to take.

"I'm about to make breakfast..." She started. Y/n squinted at her slightly trying to see what she wanted her to do or say, so she hesitantly took the cup from Wandas grip wondering if that was what she was supposed to do. "I was wondering what you wanted to eat."

Y/n looked at Wanda for a moment before stepping out of her room, Wanda backed up to give her some space as she closed the door behind her. "Doesn't matter." She shrugged. Wanda looked at Y/n biting the inside of her cheek before nodding and walking away.

Y/n quickly used her magic to get cleaned up, she was about to head down the stairs but stopped to taste the hot coffee that was still in her grip. Y/n held it up higher, first sniffing it, then tasting it. She ended up finishing the whole drink while standing in the hallway.

She made her way downstairs seeing Steve, Natasha and Bruce all sitting at the table while Wanda was cooking. Y/n didn't want to draw anymore attention to her after yesterdays event, so she got rid on the cup and took a seat next to Natasha.

"Are you feeling any better today?" Bruce asked.

"Yeah, a bit. Just-...yeah I'm feeling better." Y/n said giving him a smile. Natasha looked at Y/n oddly trying to figure out what she was going to say but she hid the fact that ever since Wanda tampered with her mind every time she closes her eyes she sees a different girl telling her it's her fault.

"Waffles are ready," Wanda carried a stack of waffles to the table, along with bowls of strawberries and blueberries. She sat opposite from Y/n as the rest grabbed themselves their food. Once everyone had their desired things Y/n grabbed the last two waffles on the plate and put them on hers along with a few of the berries.

"Thank you." Y/n mumbled which lead the rest to also say thank you to Wanda. Y/n looked up seeing the witch was starring at her then quickly looked back down at her food cutting a piece of the waffle off.

Y/n only ate the blue and straw berries before her waffles, mostly because she was waiting for someone to get syrup, but no one did. "Are you going to eat?" Steve asked Y/n as he took another bite of his food.

"Yeah..." Y/n started, looking at the counter trying to see if she could find what she was looking for. "Do you guy's have syrup?" She asked almost embarrassed but more confused on how the rest liked there waffles dry.

Wanda pushed her seat back and stood up from her seat, making her way into the kitchen grabbing a bottle of full syrup then bringing it back to the table. She slid it to Y/n who gave her a nod as a 'thank you'.

The rest of the meal was mostly the Avengers having their daily conversations on what they were working on, what they heard from another avenger, while Y/n had no idea what they were talking about. She just continued to eat listening to them talk.

Wanda had her eyes on Y/n almost the entire time, she occasionally looked at Natasha who gave her reassurance which she needed. When Y/n finally took the last bite of her food her eyes went straight to Wanda, before she could look back down at her plate Wanda took the opportunity to mouth the words 'I'm sorry' to Y/n.

It took Y/n a second or to two understand what Wanda was trying to tell her. When she finally understood what Wanda was saying she gave her a quick and short smile before standing up to wash her dishes. Wanda followed behind her waiting next to her.

Y/n looked over a couple of times at Wanda who just smiled back. She didn't really have an option on the witch but after the events of yesterday, it was clear she didn't care much for her, mostly just found her annoying. Once Y/n was done she made her way to the main room and sat on the couch.

Wanda had gone off with Steve, Bruce headed back to his place in the lab leaving Y/n and Natasha in the same room. Natasha was sitting on the opposite end of the couch from Y/n. Neither said a word to each other because there was nothing for them to say.

Natasha glanced over at Y/n a couple of times clearly seeing the exact mental state she was in after Wanda messed with her own mind. She paused the show the two were watching waiting for Y/n to complain or give any reaction, but she was too deep in her thoughts.