Rock Skipping

Once Wanda brought the spoon to Bruce she waited in the lab with hovering over his shoulder constantly trying to get an answer for a couple of hours. "I need my space. You asking me 'did you find anything' doesn't speed up the process."

Wanda sighed and took a seat across from Bruce watching him type, "I just would like to know what causes them." She said crossing her arms as she bounced her leg impatiently.

"You two have both touched the mind stone. It could be anything, emotions, energy connection, or just energy. It might take a while for me to pinpoint what it is exactly." He states honestly,

"Yeah...what do you mean emotions?"

"I don't know, I was just naming random things." Wanda nodded her head then got up to leave, waiting would only drain her energy.

When she left the building, she saw Y/n sitting by the lake and decided to make her way over. On her way over she found a rock and picked it up throwing it in the water catching Y/n's attention. "Still can't skip a rock?" She asked not having to turn her head to see Wanda.

"Well, we cut our time short when you were trying to teach me." She said walking around collecting more rocks.

"I think you're unteachable." Wanda lightly pushed Y/n with the side of her foot making the two both slightly laugh. "What are you out here for?"

"You seemed lonely and given you don't talk to anyone I thought I'd pull time out of my busy day to spend it with you." Y/n looked away from Wanda trying to hide her smile while Wanda had her own looking down at the girl.

She continued walking around throwing the rocks in the water which was annoying Y/n by the second. After tossing a few more she stood up from her spot grabbing a rock and walking towards Wanda. "You're killing me inside you know that?"

"Why? Am I not skipping them?" Wanda joked knowing she wasn't able to, Y/n skipped the rock that was in her hand and watched it hit the water more than a couple times before sinking. "Show off."

"Says the one who can literally control me." Y/n picked up another rock handing it to Wanda. "If you can skip a rock within the next...let's say 5 minutes, I have something for you."

"You're scarring me, what is it?" Wanda asked raising an eyebrow.

"Oh I'm sorry, did you skip a rock yet?" Y/n asked sarcastically, Wanda gave a look to Y/n then at the rock in her hand. She tried to skip it only for it to sink as soon as it hit the water. Y/n observed quietly for the next few minutes keeping her comments to herself.

It was a few seconds till it had been a full 5 minutes and Wanda was becoming annoyed and disappointed in herself. "10 seconds." Y/n said.

Wanda quickly picked up a rock but Y/n turned around thinking she wouldn't skip it until she heard it hit the water a couple of times.

"I did it!" Wanda said jumping up and down, Y/n turned around and Wanda didn't hesitate to run up giving her a hug.

Y/n was a bit taken back by the sudden weight pulling her neck down but her body allowed herself to relax into Wanda's touch as she moved her arms around Wanda's body holding her.

When she pulled from the hug she walked back over to the water picking up another rock as Y/n just watched in shock of everything that just happened.

Wanda skipped a few more rocks, sinking some but skipping a couple before turning around to Y/n again. "So what do I get?" She asked,

"W-what are you talking about?" Y/n stammered. Wanda tried to hide the small smile that was starting to appear on her face knowing why she forgot her deal.

"You said if I can skip a rock within 5 minutes, I'd get something."

"Right." Y/n looked at the ground remembering what she was going to get. She looked back up at Wanda making the drink Wanda had ordered from the coffee shop appear in her hands. "Here." She said giving Wanda a soft smile.

While Wanda tried to hide the fact that she was blushing she took the drink from Y/n's hand, "I didn't think you would remember."

"It was yesterday." Y/n said jokingly. As she examined Wanda's facial expression she noticed her face slightly drop, almost unnoticeable, "But I am a good listener." She added making Wanda slightly smile.

The two made there way back into the compound when they noticed it was about to storm soon. "I don't feel like cooking, can we order?" Wanda asked,

"Yeah, you can pick." Y/n responded taking a seat on the couch using Wandas blanket to warm her. She turned on the tv flipping through the different channels as Wanda ordered the food.

She didn't sit down with Y/n until the food came, she kept herself busy walking around the kitchen not doing anything but thinking about Y/n and much comfort she felt in her.

She would try to look away, many times but she couldn't. She watched as Y/n got comfortable in Wanda's blanket, picking it up like she knew Wanda would be okay with it. Since Wanda accepted her feelings all she felt happier in those few hours.

But then she remembered everything she shared with Y/n last night. Loosing people she loved is all she ever knew, she didn't want Y/n to get caught up in her troubles.

Then all that negative feeling went away when Y/n turned her head to check on Wanda giving her a smile that took all the nerves out of her body.

When she saw the pizza was ready at the front gate, she walked out to collect it. When she came back she placed it on the table in front of Y/n. She got inside just in time because then it started to rain.

She walked into the kitchen grabbing them both sodas and napkins then she made her way over to the couch. Y/n sat up fixing the blanket putting it over her and Wanda subconsciously as the rain fell harder and the tv played.

The two ate in silence for the first episode of the show, because the blanket was big they weren't forced to be closer to one another but both of them wanted to be, they just needed an excuse. Wanda moved closer a bit so that their arms were touching.

Y/n kept her eyes on the tv clenching her jaw to not make big deal out of the small situation. Through out the second episode Wanda's weight slowly leaned on Y/n, when the third episode came around Wanda laid her head down on Y/n's shoulder.

They stayed like this for as much time as they could before Natasha, Steve, and Bruce came into the main room. Y/n got up to refill their drinks while Wanda stayed on the couch. The two both shared glances at one another while everyone was in the room but not enough to catch anyone else's attention.

The storm outside started to become softer after a while enough to hear the rain and thunder lightly rumble. Y/n took her seat back on the couch next to Wanda handing her, her refilled drink earning a confused look from Natasha.

She looked over at the redhead next to Y/n wanting an explanation, but Wanda shook her head in response while Y/n was talking to Steve. Once Y/n done, she turned around locking eyes with Natasha who was already looking at her.

She didn't move or say anything they just stared. "Ok Nat you can stop." Wanda said making Natasha's eyes move to Wanda. Y/n looked over at Steve confused but he just shrugged as Natasha gently kicked Wanda's feet teasingly making her smile down at her drink.