Shame

"What the hell?" Y/n asked herself, she held her hand out taking a step forward seeing if she would run into some type of energy force field she would run into.

Starting to panic she held out her other hand feeling for anything, 'What just happened?' She asked herself.

"What are you doing Y/n? This isn't the Thriller music video." Tony said as he stood at the other end of the hall watching his sister.

"I-" She began but started to confuse herself, "A portal just opened." She motioned her hand in the area it was looking between where the portal was and Tony.

"I'm starting to think you didn't read the list Thor gave you." He looked down a separate hall looking for anyone coming, "Powers, now come on get focused Bucky and Sam are making there way outside to keep eyes on the jet."

"Right," Tony walked off while Y/n walked back through the different halls searching for the door she was close to opening.

Once she made it to the room she opened it fully finding a chair, soothing music playing, lights slightly dimmed.

She looked up seeing the chair tucked into a desk, looking padded the glass she saw the man drinking champagne, in the exact same fur coat.

"Mmm" Zemo started noticing she was in the room, taking the last sip of his drink he set the glass down on his desk letting out a 'Ahh' after feeling refreshed. "Please take a seat." He gestured his hand for Y/n to sit.

Y/n didn't move for a few seconds, taken back by the accent,"Where is Wanda?" Y/n asked assuming he would know.

"I'm afraid I don't know, I thought you gave up trying to find her?" He explained.

"No, I found her I just-" Again Y/n cut herself off knowing it would turn into a whole story, "Just tell me where she is and you can have me back."

"Oh no, you have it all wrong." He began standing up from his seat making his way to the front of his desk leaning back on it. "We don't want you back. You made your decision."

Y/n stayed silent not understanding what he was saying. They didn't originally come to the compound to find Wanda.

"And we made ours. And that decision is that, we were trying to kill you, but we found your weakness. The girl." Watching Y/n's panic he laughed a little, "Please take a seat."

Y/n didn't want to take a seat but the direction the conversation was headed in she had no choice. She opened the door more allowing herself to step in fully.

She walked up slowly to the seat pulling it back so she could sit. As soon as she did Zemo began talking again.

"You know, when I started this organization it was to take down other super soldiers out there in the world. You guys were using your power for good. Then we expanded. We started taking down powerful people who have used their powers for bad." Pushing himself off his desk he started walking around the room while Y/n stayed silent.

"Uh, Wanda Maximoff, yes her story is very sad. Lost her lover, her kids, brother, parents but...she took a town hostage, tortured them-"

"She didn't know they were in pain, when she found up she let them go." Y/n cut off not wanting to talk about the topic.

Zemo smiled looking at Y/n chuckling softly, "Weakness. Y/n you were our best weapon."

"We are people."

"People, experiments, weapons, same thing." He waved his hand as he took a seat in his chair. "You were good Y/n, you were fighting on the right side."

"I was killing the wrong people."

"Not necessarily, maybe Wanda is good." He held his hands up in a defensive way, "but you can never be to safe."

"Yes you can, I took how many lives? I don't know your story but-"

"The Avengers took my family." He cut her off, Y/n took a breath calming down as she could tell where this story was going. "We were in Sokovia, we saw Iron Man flying around in the sky. I told my son to look, the building fell on top of him and my wife."

Y/n continued to stay silent, looking down at the base of the desk not wanting to give away any signs of emotion.

"I broke the Avengers up, I led them to fight each other. Ruined Steve Rogers and Tony Starks friendship showing what James had done."

Listening to Zemo talk only gave Y/n a new perspective to look at. He had his reasons. He had the right motivation, just the wrong method.

"After I helped out James and Sam, James turned me into the Dora Milaje. I escaped of course, hence I'm still here...It's a shame though, I had to kill one to get out. Great women, fighters."

"Tell me where Wanda is." She asked getting annoyed.

"Whoa okay, take a deep breath, I'm not going to hurt her." He said sitting straighter in his seat. "Just come walk with me, we'll make a quick stop then she's all yours."

Zemo stood up from his seat walking over to the door while Y/n remained in her seat worried about what's to come.

Turning his head he noticed zero movement coming from her a sighed to get her attention, "Or you could stay and who knows what would happen."

With that Y/n stood from her seat giving Zemo a cold stare before walking out into the hallway. Zemo smiled knowing he was under her skin and closed the door joining her.