Unexpected Meeting

Over the course of the few days the shocking between Y/n and Wanda came back becoming more painful so they stayed away from each other but still managed to talk to each other from opposite sides of the compound or table.

The two also continued there late-night walks and talks, they came back to the compound at around 3 am this particular morning which meant Y/n tried to sleep in for most of the day but that didn't go as planned.

Tony arrived at the compound along with Clint after receiving a message from Fury. They went around the building waking everyone up besides Y/n and headed down to the meeting room.

"It's 7:00am this better be important." Natasha warned taking a seat at the table.

"Calm down Romanoff we just have a bit of information to share, JARVIS." Tony said, the room lights dimmed slightly and the screen behind him turned on showing an image of an apartment complex. "This is Y/n's apartment. I have to figure out where it was located but I found out everyone living in the building are exactly like Y/n."

"What do you mean 'exactly like'?" Wanda asked,

"It means they're all murderers for money to put it simple. They all work for an organization but not even they know who's in charge, nobodies met them as far as I know. They have a list of people they want to get rid of, and as we saw, Wanda is on the list meaning innocent people have probably already been killed."

"I hope your plan isn't to take down everyone in the building." Natasha says,

"Not if everything goes as planned. We need to get more information on how they operate and where it is. And since we have one staying with us it'll be nice if you guys could..." Tony tried to think of the right word to use.

"Use her to our advantage?" Natasha asked, disappointment in her tone seeing Tony using his sister for their own good. Tony nodded while Wanda sighed and looked out down at the table. "You made a deal with your sister, she's been holding up her end."

"I only asked for her to stay for a month, in a couple of weeks she'll leave like she always does."

"She's trying." Wanda said in the same tone she gave Y/n last night catching everyone's attention. Wanda turned her head to look at Tony. "She isn't playing a game she wants to be part of the family again." She explained.

"How do you know that?" Tony put his hands on the back of a chair leaning forward on it. "You looked through her head?"

"She told me." She said tilting her head.

"She also told me she would never leave my side. You can't trust her Maximoff. Use your magic for something good here. Once we get the information, I can give it to Nick and she can be on her way." He said giving Wanda a smile.

"Maybe Wanda's the one who needs to read your mind. Y/n believes you are trying to reconnect your bond and she really is trying." Natasha stated,

"She's right, you should see how she talks about Morgan. For someone who was worried about Y/n hurting her, you seem to be the one who's going to pull her away once she's attached." Steve said to Y/n's defense.

Bruce looked around the room slightly nerves to speak up but eventually he did, "Tony this sounds like a family issue, we aren't going to spy on your sister. She's been nothing but help and kind to us."

"Really Bruce. Why don't you go outside and let off some steam, maybe then you'll see the importance of this."

"No Stark, Banners right. You can't expect them to use your sister like she's some type of reward. If she knew something was wrong or she knew something, she would've left." Clint said looking around the room seeing everyone agree with him as Tony shook his head.

"Maximoff. You seem to be getting close with her. Buddies now?"

Wanda looked between Natasha and Tony, she wasn't hiding anything she just hated that he put the spotlight on her. "I-I mean I guess," She stammered. "We just have conversations." She said almost in a question

While the team continued to argue Y/n woke up from the noise that was happening, so she pushed the covers off her and sat on the edge of the bed. She cleaned up and made her way down the stairs hearing voices yelling at each other.

She made her way to the cracked open door; she didn't care much about what was being said because everything went quiet in her head when she accidentally locked eyes with Wanda. They didn't say anything not scarred to look away but because of the unspoken comfort the two both found in each other.

Wanda looked away first only to look at Tony who noticed her attention was off the discussion. "Maximoff what's so important?" He asked, Wanda looked back at Y/n and she was able to read her expression telling her to leave. So, Y/n did.

She ran to the main room and laid down on the couch when she heard her brothers' footsteps coming towards her. "You left a trail." He said with his hands in his pockets.

"What are you talking about?" Y/n asked trying to play innocent.

"You left your Lucky Charms trail of green and gold."

"Lucky Charms? That's the name you came up with?" Y/n asked while she laughed at Tony's comment. "What was the yelling for? You woke me up." She said sitting up.

"Don't worry about it kid." He said patting Y/n's back before turning around to the others coming into the room. "Remember what we talked about." He said talking to the group but specifically pointing at Wanda who looked down at her hands and nodded softly causing Y/n to look at Tony confused, he looked back down at Y/n and smiled, "See you later, I'll bring Morgan again soon."

Y/n let out an excited 'Yes' before he walked out the door, Clint not far behind. Natasha walked over taking the space next to Y/n while Wanda walked around getting things together for breakfast. Natasha turned on the tv but Y/n paid no attention to it.

She just watched as Wanda would walk back and forth to one side of the kitchen to the other. How she hummed quietly to a song that never played.