Change of Heart

While the playing continued Y/n was on the ground playing dead as Morgan jumped on her to 'finish her off' and playfully started punching her. With in a few minutes into the 'fight' Y/n felt her stitches rip, but she didn't want to ruin the fun moment the two were having so she hid her pain.

However unbeknownst to her, Wanda was inside the compound watching the two play when she noticed slight pain on Y/n's face and she knew exactly what had happened. She got up from the couch and walked outside toward the two laughing girls.

"Hey Morgan." Wanda started by giving her a hug, "Go inside with your dad for a bit, I made lunch." She said taking the helmet off her. Morgan ran to the door to find her mom and dad as Wanda looked down at Y/n who was no longer hiding her pain.

"She has so much energy." Y/n groaned trying to roll over to stand up.

"is someone getting old?" she teased earning and eye roll from Y/n, "You need an ambulance?"

"Oh fuck off." Y/n said kicking Wandas shin laughing. Wanda bent down helping Y/n up careful not to touch her skin because she was scared, she would get shocked again.

"You need to be more careful." Wanda told her.

"Yeah, yeah." The two made there way to the lab; Bruce opened the door for them to let them through leading them in.

"What happened?" He asked backing up as they walked through the door.

"Her stiches ripped." Wanda informed him as she helped Y/n on the bed. "But I got it." Bruce nodded and walked back over to his desk as Y/n laid on the table. Wanda lifted her shirt slightly seeing the wound she was about to close.

She walked away to get a rag and a bucket of water. Y/n's mind raced through two things while the redhead was away. Morgan and a certain someone. Y/n quickly tried to get the thoughts of her out of her head before she came back knowing she would most likely invade her privacy again.

Wanda came back and started cleaning Y/n's wound, she winced in pain no matter how gentle Wanda was being, once Wanda cleaned the blood she let her hand glow a bit red so she could stitch Y/n up but seeing Wanda use her powers only scarred her again.

"Don't." Y/n warned looking between Wanda's hand to her eyes while shuffling back a little away from her. "Just stitch me up regular." Wanda looked at her a bit hurt from another person being afraid of her powers but brushed it of quickly.

"I can't they'll rip again." Wanda said trying to calm Y/n down. Y/n shook her head then stood up from the bed placing her hand over the wound. "Where are you going?"

"To find a hospital." Y/n answered quickly before trying to take off but Wanda stood up quick enough making her way in front of Y/n placing a hand on her chest having enough practice from Pietro to stop him from running off. Bruce slowly looked around watching the two girls causing noise in his lab watching what was going on before turning back around. "Don't touch me." Y/n said backing up from Wanda.

"Y/n please just calm down. I'm only going to stitch you up." She said in a calming voice.

"If you try to -"

"I won't, go in, your head." She said breaking the sentence up into pieces so Y/n could trust her. She looked at Wanda trying to tell if she was lying but her wound ached again when the fabric of her shirt grazed the open wound.

Wanda took a step closer to Y/n looking at her waiting for a reaction but the only thing she sees is pain, physical pain. Wanda lifted Y/n's shirt a bit and started stitching her up, sparks of gold would hit the floor from time to time when their powers met.

When Wanda was done she dropped the shirt back down and looked up to see that she was ok. Y/n didn't say anything, neither did Wanda. The two just looked at each other. Wanda felt a sense of comfort in Y/n's eye's she hasn't felt since Vision.

Y/n felt relaxed and calm around Wanda, but she hides them behind her barrier which she wasn't budging to show.

Wanda caught Y/n in a vulnerable moment after playing with Morgan. Bruce, who took notice of the silence that had happened turned his chair making it squeak and the two looked away from one another.

Y/n looked at the floor clearing her throat while Wanda looked past Y/n then to the wall beside her.

"Is everything ok?" Bruce asked, looking at the two girls.

"Yeah, everything's fine." Y/n said then looked back at Wanda. She walked past her and left the building. Wanda walked back over to the bed and picked up the bucket and went into the hall bathroom to dump it.

Y/n made her way through the glass door seeing the family sitting on the couch watching a movie. "What happened to you?" Tony asked tossing some popcorn into his mouth.

Y/n sighed and took a seat in the chair while Morgan walked over and sat on her lap. "My cut opened back up. But it's fine now." She said, she turned her head to look at the tv and Morgan laid her head on Y/n's chest.

After a few hours Tony and Pepper decided to head out for the day. Tony made his way over behind the chair Y/n and Morgan fell asleep on and took a picture. Once he got the image he put the phone in his pocket then rested his hands on the corner of the chair.

"Tony no." Pepper said, but he didn't listen. He pulled the chair back making Y/n and Morgan feel like they fell backwards then catching the chair before it made contact with the ground.

Y/n's grip on Morgan tightened as she felt them falling but then relaxed when Tony pushed them back up. "What is wrong with you?" Y/n asked as Tony laughed proudly. Morgan and Y/n stood up from the chair facing the couple. Pepper rolling her eyes at Tony's behavior while he had a smug look.

"We're going to head out for today." Pepper said walking over to Y/n giving her a hug. "Thank you for spending the day with Morgan" She whispered.

"Anytime." Y/n said back with a smile. They pulled from the hug and Y/n gave Morgan a high five while getting down on one knee. "You want anything on the ride home?" She asked.

Morgan thought for a little bit "Cookies?" She asked, Y/n laughed lightly and made a cookie appear in her hand, Morgan smiled at Y/n's magic then grabbed the cookie from her hand.

"What do we say?" Pepper asked her.

"Thank you." Morgan responded looking at Y/n.

"See you later kid." Y/n gave Tony a hug and walked with them out to the car and watched as they drove off. She even stayed to watch as the gate closed behind them.

Y/n let out a breath she didn't know she was holding as Tony's car drove off, Y/n felt a bit complete knowing she was starting to get on good terms with her family.

The door behind Y/n opened pulling her from her thoughts, "How was she?" Wanda asked seeing how happy Y/n seemed to be. She made her way next to Y/n as she looked out in the parking lot and the setting sun.

"Amazing. I hope one day my kid will turn out like her." She said, not breaking eye contact with the sky. Wanda looked over at Y/n once again tilting her head slightly.

"You want kids?" Wanda asked,

"One day, not now I can't even settle on a single person. But when I do and I'm ready I think I will." She began. "It's stupid but I imagine a kid getting a bit of my powers and them running around with superspeed, and-" She turned to look at Wanda but noticed her facial expression as dropped.

Everything Y/n mentioned has happened in Westview, remembering how Tommy first got his powers, then Billy. Y/n didn't know what caused Wanda to become sad, she assumed it was just her talking too much, so she stopped and turned back to the sky.

"Why'd you stop?" Wanda asked looking back up at Y/n. Y/n looked back at Wanda furrowing her brows.

"You seemed upset." Y/n stated,

"Don't worry about me." Wanda said forcing a smile, Y/n just nodded. "I'll start dinner." Wanda let out a sigh before walking into the compound. Y/n turned her head and watched as Wanda walked in headed for the kitchen and smiled to herself looking at her.