A Special Drink

"Can you just like...erase me from existence? Is that possible?"

"Focus." Wanda said walking up to Y/n with a sword in her hand.

"I will, I will, but like...can you?" She asked dodging the swing Wanda took.

"I don't think that's possible. If it was your brother would've been gone a long time ago." She said, Y/n stood up straight hitting Wanda with one of her energy balls, "Hey, I thought I was helping you." She whined throwing one back at Y/n who moved out the way.

"Obviously telekinesis isn't working. And why my brother?" Wanda took another swing at Y/n who ducked,

"He locked me in my room."

"Pause." Y/n said standing up laughing to herself. "He locked you in your room? What so 100 acres with a lap pool and screening room wasn't good enough for you Ms. Maximoff?" She teased.

"Do I have to mess with your head again? Come on you can do it. You just have to have to-" She took the sword again about to pierce Y/n's stomach before it stopped. She looked up seeing Y/n looking at the sword with pure fear in her eyes. "Trust me." She finished her sentence. "Was that you?"

Y/n looked up at Wanda and nodded her head. Wanda dropped the sword and ran up to Y/n giving her hug, Y/n stumbled back a bit but slowly wrapped her arms around Wanda's torso pulling her close.

When they pulled from the hug, they just stared at each other until trying to figure out why they didn't get shocked. Y/n awkwardly broke the silence. "It's 2 am." She started, "Do you wanna head out?"

Wanda nodded her head, the two made there way out of the compound and into the dark streets of New York. They walked on the sidewalk in silence as some streetlights flickered, Wanda and Y/n would both stare at each other when the other wasn't looking.

A late storm started to come, thunder in the distance. Y/n was looking around for open places they could stay at assuming it was going to rain soon. Not to long after walking it started to rain hard. Y/n found a coffee shop and grabbed Wanda's hand pulling her in.

When Y/n closed the door she noticed it was empty which was reasonable given it was 2 am, "You want anything?" Y/n offered looking at there menu,

"Are you sure?" Wanda asked,

"Yeah, just tell me what you want," Wanda smiled looking down at the ground but then picking her head back up to look at the menu as well. They both ordered there food and drinks and walked over to the table in the corner of the small shop.

"Thank you." Wanda said softly, Y/n smiled and looked out the window watching the rain fall and the flashes of lightning. Y/n turned her attention back to Wanda who was now looking at the menu again trying to read something.

Y/n turned around to see what she was looking at, "You want something else?" Y/n asked,

"No, no it's fine." Y/n looked back at Wanda reading her body language. She put her hand in her back pocket and pulled out her wallet handing it to Wanda. "No Y/n seriously it's fine."

"Just take it or I'm buying the whole menu." Y/n said, Wanda laughed then grabbed Y/n's wallet walking over to the counter and paying for this specific drink. Y/n turned her head watching Wanda smile at the people making the drink.

What was so special about it?

Once the drink was done Wanda walked over back to her seat smiling to herself, "What's so special about the drink?" Y/n asked as Wanda handed the wallet back.

She shook her head taking sip of the drink while trying to come up with a response, "Kind of a long story. I don't want to bore you." She looked down at the table before taking another sip.

"We have all night." Y/n shrugged fixing her posture to sit more straight showing Wanda she was going to listen to whatever story she told. Wanda smiled at Y/n taking a moment to just look at her before explaining.

"Ok, ok." She said biting her bottom lip and getting herself excited to share personal information with Y/n. Not because of what the story was but because someone, Y/n, wanted to hear it.

"Sokovian, where I grew up. When I was little my mom used to make this drink for Pietro and I. She told us the name of it, but it never really stuck in my mind...After they died Pietro and I would go around town trying to find a drink similar to it. When he died, I lost all interest in trying to find the drink, he was the only one who could remember the name."

She looked up at Y/n making sure she wasn't killing the mood, but Y/n just nodded letting her know to continue.

"I met Vision and he treated me very kind and loving almost fixing my pain. I don't know, it's stupid but the drink made me feel...at home, like I'm still close with them. When Vision died so did I that day for, I assume you know 5 years." She took a breath before saying her next thing. "I...I took a town hostage. All because I wanted to feel happy for once...loosing people I love is all I've really known, but it still hurts when it happens again." She blinked a few times to stop her tears from coming before smiling to to act brave in front of Y/n not wanting her to be uncomfortable. "Basically, what I'm trying to get at is I think this is the drink. It took a long time to find it, but it worked out." She explained tracing her finger along the rim of her cup.

She took a moment looking at the table collecting her thoughts. Wanda had shared the most painful parts of her life to Y/n, she didn't question why because she knew that deep down she felt something towards her, she felt safe.

Y/n leaned back in her seat nodding slowly, "Well, that was...a lot."

"Yeah," She laughed lightly, "Sorry about that."

"Don't apologize. Look on the bright side...You found the drink." She said setting off small fireworks again in the palm of her hands making Wanda laugh. She smiled watching her before shutting them off.

She watched as Wanda smile looking out the window to which Y/n couldn't help but let hers show as well. Seeing Wanda genuinely happy made Y/n care about her, and this time she wasn't fighting the feeling. "What about you? What's your thrilling story?" Wanda asked finishing her drink.

Y/n was a bit taken back from the question confused as to why someone would want to know let alone, care. "What uh, what do you mean?" She asked finishing her coffee.

"How come we never heard of you until recently?" Wanda explained further, Y/n took a breath before explaining, knowing it was going to be long.