Exploring

As the warm weather began to hit the grass once the sun came up, the birds seemed to chirp louder and the breeze picked up. The more time went the by the more the sun hit Y/n's face while she peacefully slept in bed.

Given her room view she was able to wake up early this morning, not because she wanted to, but because the sun in her eyes didn't allow her to fall back into her slumber.

As she stretched from her position in the bed she kicked the sheets off her, turning on her back looking up at the ceiling, she stayed there for a few moments allowing the cool air to lower her body heat before sitting up.

She stood up and within a matter of seconds she got herself cleaned up and the bed. She opened her door quietly finding all the lights to still be off in the compound.

She looked down both ends of the hall before quietly making her way down the stairs. She turned on a few lights noticing how early she woke up, because of that Wanda wasn't up to give her coffee.

Y/n grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl, tossing it in the air then catching it before making her way out.

She pushed open the glass door leading to the back of the compound. She was aware of the lake in front of her but she wanted to explore the woods next to lab building.

As Y/n turned to her left walking straight ahead into the woods she was searching to seeing if she could find simple things to eat, that are of course not poisonous.

As she brought herself deeper into the woods she reached the apple core and tossed it on the ground for other animals to eat. She noticed when she stepped in leaves she would hear the snakes and lizards moving away from the noise.

She watched as acorns fell from the trees because the squirrels were hoping from branch to branch. When certain ones caught her eye she picked them up placing them in her pocket, just as she did on her walk with Wanda.

As Y/n continued her walk in the woods Wanda started waking up naturally around the time. She sat up moving to the edge of her bed then standing up.

She turned around fixing her bed tucking in the sheets placing the pillows that had fallen on the ground the keep her company back in there spots on the bed.

She placed her hands on her hips letting out a sigh after waking up a few more times during the night. She rubbed her forehead to clear her mind as she walked to her door and into the hall.

She noticed the lights on in hallway which confused her since she would be the one to turn them on. With a shrug she assumed she forgot to turn them off last night and made her way downstairs, again finding the lights to be on.

"Steve?" She asked knowing the only person who is willing to wake up early is him, but when she got no response she assumed he left the compound for a morning run.

She walked into the kitchen making herself some coffee, along with Y/n's. Wanda wasn't lying when she said she gave coffee to the guest at the compound, because she did.

But because it's the Avengers compound, they didn't receive many guest besides the ones who didn't live at the building. Those were the people Wanda gave coffee to.

Y/n was there first non Avenger guest.

Once the coffee was done Wanda grabbed Y/n's mug and carefully walked upstairs. When she made it to Y/n's door she knocked lightly waiting for an answer.

When there wasn't she knocked again. Once again no answer. She put her hand on the handle and slowly opened the door finding the bed to be made, and the room as spotless as it was when they gave it to her besides the desk.

Wanda furrowed her brows wondering where the girl could be but she was pulling from her thought when she heard the door behind her open.

"Is she okay?" Steve asked closing his room door behind him.

Wanda turned around trying to get her thought together before explaining. "She's not here," She said looking in her room again, "But her thing's are still here."

Steve looked at Wanda confused as to what she was talking about before walking behind her to see what she meant. "Well, she didn't leave for good. Maybe she's outside." He suggested, Wanda nodded her head in agreement.

It was the only reasonable answer as to why all the lights were on. Steve made his way down stairs, Wanda not to far behind. As he sat in the chair near the tv in the main room Wanda walked out the back door to find the guest.

Still holding the coffee Wanda carefully walked into the woods seeing she wasn't at the dock. As she stepped on the leaves and the acorns careful not to slip.

When she heard a stick snap in the distance she lifted her head up, Y/n looked passed a tree finding Wanda holding a mug and walked over to her.

"What are you doing with coffee out here?" She asked,

"I couldn't find you." She said getting into a cleared spot of grass, Y/n watched as she held the mug with two hands trying not spill it as she held back her laughter. "What?" Wanda asked trying to figure out what was funny.

Y/n shook her head taking the cup from Wanda's hands. "You're insane, there are snakes out here."

"Yeah, I'm heading back inside now." Wanda said turning around slowly. Y/n quietly made the drink disappear before running in front of Wanda stopping her.

"You're already here, you got passed the bad part." Y/n said gesturing to the ground then ahead of her seeing how more of the grass was exposed.

"You promise there aren't snakes over there?" Wanda asked raising an eyebrow.

"I mean I didn't go to far but from what I saw no." Wanda looked further in trying make up her mind, eventually Y/n grew impatient and walked around the redhead. "Do what you want." She said raising her hand dismissing the girl as she continued walking forward.

As she continued to walk, she continued to pick up acorns from the ground. Wanda watched as she walked deeper into the woods and before she turned a corner she looked back over Wanda finding her still standing in place.

Y/n held her her arms open shaking her head at the girl before walking off completely. As she looked up at the trees trying to find in sort of bushes something red caught her eye as soon as she was about to make her way over she heard a squeal coming from behind her.

She sighed laughing silently knowing exactly who it was. She turned around seeing Wanda taking large steps to avoid the ant piles. Y/n didn't say anything just stood silently watching until Wanda jumped in front of her.

"Hi. How are you?" Y/n asked teasingly.

With a playful eye roll Wanda took a step back creating space between the both of them while she looked on the ground. "Y/n I swear if a snake comes an-"

Cut off by her own sentence Y/n made an illusion of a snake appear in her hands holding it just below Wanda's face.

When she saw the reptile she didn't hesitate to hit Y/n with one of her energy balls into a tree. As Y/n hit the the tree the illusion came apart causing Wanda to run over to her.

"Shit. Y/n are you okay?" She asked putting a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm doing amazing." She groaned standing back up but not before Wanda slapped her arm, "Ouch." She said while rubbing her arm.

"Don't do that." The redhead sighed looking back down at the ground, but not because she was paranoid but because she was trying to catch her breath.

"I learned my lesson." Y/n said as she began walking over to the bushes. Wanda looked down seeing the acorns that had fallen out of Y/n's pocket and picked them up slipping them into her own.