Late Night Talks

Wanda watched her walk to the ladder that was leaning on the roof. She gave it a few pushes before climbing up to the roof of the deck. Wanda had nothing better to do so she followed her lead. When she got up Y/n was laying down with a pillow under her head.

"Hey Maximoff." Y/n said when she saw Wanda making her way up. She walked around Y/n and sat at the edge of the roof swinging her feet like a little kid. Y/n smiled looking at her before getting pulled from her thoughts.

"I could've paid you know." Wanda started, "I know you're a Stark and you're loaded-"

"I'm going to stop you right there. I'm not loaded, I'm about to be but everything I have I worked for. Is it good how I got the money? No, but I still worked for it. However in a couple of weeks I'll be out of here and not have to worry about anything." Y/n ranted.

Wanda was confused by Y/n's choice of words, she thought she wanted to be apart of Morgan's life. She turned around to see Y/n as she put a couple of M&M's in her mouth. "What about Morgan? The girl you said you hope your kid is like one day." She asked, her tone being more aggressive than she meant for it to be.

Y/n sat up noticing how Wanda misunderstood her, "No, no, no" She started letting out a light chuckle, "I still want to be apart of her life. I mean once I get my money I'm leaving the compound to live my life." She explained clarifying to calm Wanda down.

Wanda looked back out in the water, slightly embarrassed that she jumped to conclusions. She let out another sigh before asking another question.

"What are you going to do? Once you get your money." Wanda asked, looking down at her rings. Part of Wanda was disappointed in how Y/n was doing everything for money and not for herself, "Don't you want to continue your relationship with Tony?"

Y/n looked out into the water thinking about the words Wanda had said. She knew she made a promise to Tony that seeing Morgan wasn't a game and she knew she couldn't break it because he'll never forgive her. "I mean I guess." She said laying back down.

Wanda noticed the mood change in Y/n's voice so she decided to do something to lift the mood a bit. She stood up and went down the ladder catching Y/n's attention but she just assumed she was heading back inside until she heard something hit the water.

At first, she thought Wanda had fallen in and so she got immediately looking down from the edge of the roof, laying on her stomach as she dropped her head looking around upside down seeing Wanda toss rocks in the water. "What are you doing?" Y/n asked, Wanda looked up at Y/n and shrugged.

"Trying to skip these rocks." She said tossing another one in.

"You're doing it wrong. They're supposed to skip not sink."

"Yeah, I caught on to that from the title 'skipping rocks'," Y/n laughed a little seeing Wanda struggle, "Are you going to keep laughing at me or help me?"

"I choose to keep laughing." Y/n said while Wanda shook her head. Y/n stood up and climbed down the ladder and made her way towards a pile of rocks on the wooden table under the roof. Y/n picked up a flatter rock and walked next to Wanda. "You're tossing them. That's not how physics works."

She stood behind Wanda putting her hand over hers forgetting about the shock the two could get, but nothing happened. Y/n moved Wandas hand in the direction and angle it needed to be at, "Now when we do it again, release the rock." She said, without thinking to much about it Y/n put her other hand on Wanda's waist.

Y/n moved Wanda's arm back and then forward, Wanda released the rock and it skipped a couple times before sinking. "And boom. Quite simple." She said smiling down at Wanda.

"What are you two doing up?" A women asked making her way towards Y/n and Wanda. Y/n turned around looking at the other redhead. Even though it was a simple question Y/n didn't know how to answer it without giving a story.

"I couldn't sleep, either could Y/n so we were just hanging out." Wanda explained keeping it short,

"Everything ok?" Natasha asked Wanda.

"Yeah, I'm ok." She answered then looked over at Y/n who looked between the two.

"I'm getting tired anyways," Y/n said removing her hand from Wanda's waist. She made her way over to the ladder climbing up and grabbing her bag then heading back down, "I'll see you guys tomorrow," she said walking away and back to the compound. During her walk her mind went to one thing once again. Wanda. She didn't know why but she liked being around her even if she barely knew her.

Y/n turned her head to look back at Wanda once more before opening the doors to the compound, and to her surprise Wanda was watching her walk away. Y/n smiled slightly before walking in the building heading back upstairs.

"What was the real reason you were up?" Natasha asked, Wanda sighed and sat down on one of the chairs on the deck.

"I feel like one day I'm going to forget about him." Wanda started, Natasha took the space next to her, "After Pietro he helped me through so much. Before we even dated we would go on late night walks and talk about life, mostly just me since he didn't have much of one." Wanda sighed again. "And I was getting better accepting what happened..."

"But?"

"But then Y/n started naming everything that happened in Westview, not to mess with me but because everything she was explaining to me was what she wanted for herself." She explained vaguely.

"What do you mean?"

"When Morgan left, I asked her how it was spending time with her. She said she hopes to have a kid like her one day who has superspeed and it reminded me of when Tom-" She cut herself off and laughed a little, "He's not even real Nat." She said rubbing her finger over the top of her lip.

Natasha stood up taking Wandas hand and gave her a hug. "He was to you. I'm sure you'll get the family you want soon."

"But I won't. Everyone's afraid of me, and Vision he was my love." Natasha sighed on Wanda shoulder then pulled from the hug.

"It's possible to love again." Natasha told her giving her a smile, Wanda nodded whipping her tears. "And when you do find someone. I'm sure they wouldn't care about your past, but who you are now."

Wanda put the cuff of her sleeve against her nose thinking about Natasha words. If it really was possible for her to open up to someone again, trust them and love them. She was going to be okay.

"Come on," Natasha said as she wrapped her arm around Wanda's waist, and they walked back into the compound.