Trip Down Memory Lane

Y/n was sitting at the dinning room table with her homework spread across the table as she was studying for a test that was about to come the next day. She bounced her leg and tapped her pen against her notebook, her hand on her forehead leaning forward looking at a computer screen.

With a sigh she glanced back down at her notebook and began writing what she just finished reading. Tony was walked around their shared apartment tossing pistachios in the air then catching them with his mouth.

Y/n closed her eyes at the chewing noise confused as to why he wasn't watching tv, anything other than his chewing would make her more relaxed.

He started walking around stopping to align his mouth with the drupe that was falling down. It came into contact with his chin then bouncing off and onto the floor. He was about to pick it up when he noticed it was at the perfect angle to kick at Y/n to mess with her.

"A hush falls over the crowd as rookie sensation Anthony E. Stark out of Uptown New York," he begins with a smirk as he holds his hands up creating L's to represent a target, "lines up the shot."

Y/n heard his voice and from the corner of her eye she could see his intentions. She internally sighed getting herself ready to block the drupe from interfering her studying.

Tony backed up a bit and took to big steps forward kicking the food that only hit the baseboard of the wall. "Aw man."

"That's what you get." Y/n said with a smirk on her face as she flipped through her pages in her notebook looking for a specific page. Tony sarcastically nodded his head in agreement walking over to the pistachio on the ground picking it up. "No, Tony don't."

He just laughed in response as he threw it in her direction but she held up her hand blocking the hit. "Come on you've been studying on this topic for weeks, I think you know it by now." He whined.

"No, you know I can't get kicked out of this school." She argued organizing her papers.

Tony hit his fist again the table leaning forward to grab her full attention, "Trust me, SHEILD is going to take you no matter the grades you get, it's all about knowledge." He lifted himself up to toss another pistachio in his mouth. "And you have that." he said while chewing.

Y/n gave Tony a look of discus turning her head to close her laptop, "Close your mouth, nobody wants to see that." With that Tony grinned and opened his mouth wide enough for Y/n to see stepping closer to her. "Ew stop!" She yelled but it quickly turned into a laugh.

The closer he got the more Y/n tried to move from her seat to stand up, Tony attached his free hand to one of the legs of the chair lifting it making her fall back. "Oh shit." He chuckled, he placed the drupes in his hand onto the table as he began fake punching Y/n, "Stop. Starring. At. That. Screen. And. Have. Fun. With. Me." He grunted 'angerly' earning more laughs and kicks from her.

"Okay, I'm done for today." She said through her giggles, Tony stopped and smiled as he grabbed her hand helping her back up.

"Good choice." Y/n rolled her eyes as she cleaned up the papers from off the table placing them back in her backpack. "You know I studied abroad?" He asked - as if he hasn't told the story multipole times.

"Really?" Y/n played along, "Which broad?"

"Candice." The two said simultaneously. Y/n gave Tony a look causing him to roll his eyes as he picked the pistachios back up to toss them in the trash.

Y/n collected her things walking out the room setting her bag down at the entrance while Tony followed, "You're filthy." She said shaking her head.

"I was in college." he said quick to his defense.

"No," Y/n shook her head again turning around to face him, "You still do it."

Tony scoff waving his hand dismissing Y/n's comment, "So do you."

"Not as much." She corrected taking a seat on the couch while Tony joined grabbing his phone before taking a seat.

"I'm ordering pizza. You want some?" Y/n nodded her head at the offer as she leaned forward grabbing the remote from the coffee table in front of them turning the tv on.

"Y/n?...Y/n, are you listening?" Natasha asked waving her hand in front of Y/n who was sitting on the couch leaning on her fist against the arm rest.

Natasha and Steve started a conversation with her answering a question she had but throughout time she slowly drifted off day dreaming about a memory.

She turned her head expecting to find Wanda near by - she assumed she gave her the memory - but there was no one else around.

Steve and Natasha shared a look at one another as they watched Y/n turn around looking at her surroundings. "Y/n, is everything okay?" Steve asked.

She blinked a few times to her brain working again to focus on what was being asked, "Y-yeah...I just- I thought I was somewhere...somewhere else." she stuttered confused.

"Right...Like I was saying, Bucky and I were on the train fighting the other Hydra agents," everything Steve staid afterwards became blurry when Y/n's thoughts once again drifted to her brother.

She's never felt a memory that seemed to be in real life time, she recalled the memory, she knew everything that happened. But she also felt like she was the same person she is today, just in her slightly younger body.

But that wasn't the case at all, she just truly had an emotional connection to that specific memory that made her feel as if it was in real time.