Peace

Natasha was contemplating whether or not to mess with Y/n. She barely knows the Avengers and now she has to live with them of course her guard would be up almost all the time. "Y/n." Natasha said softly trying to catch the girl's attention.

Y/n turned her head to look at Natasha waiting for her to continue on with her thoughts. She didn't say anything for a few moments trying to get her thoughts together on how she thinks Y/n would react.

"What was the fear Wanda showed you?" She asked fixing her position on the couch to get comfortable with the conversation that may or may not happen.

Y/n furrowed her brows turning her head to face Natasha, "What are you talking about?" She asked defensively.

"Wanda showed you your greatest fear. Did she not?"

"What are you getting at?" Y/n asked in a more demanding tone, Natasha could feel Y/n's guard coming back up, she was getting annoyed with the questions but that didn't mean she was afraid, nor did she stop.

"I can tell by the way you look..." Y/n gave her a confused look, "Not like how you look but how you look."

"I'm literally not hearing a difference."

"You seem tired, like you've been thinking about something that seems to really be bothering you." She explained, Y/n looked from Natasha's eyes to her body language trying to see what her angle was. "Maybe talking about it to someone could help." Y/n nodded her head in response picking the remote back up and turning the tv on.

Natasha sighed in defeat dropping the conversation knowing Y/n wasn't going to open up to anyone any time soon. She fixed her position again facing the tv knowing that the conversation was officially over.

Y/n knew that she couldn't let herself become to close to people she'll never see again. She was only here for the money and that's what her mind was set on. She wont get attached to them, they wont get attached to her. But not all things go as planned.

---

Throughout the day Y/n spent most of her time on the couch in the main room with Natasha, both not uttering a single word to each other. Once dinner was over Y/n made her way upstairs and went to bed.

She had fallen asleep but not for long because an hour later she woke up from another dream about Morgan. Y/n got up from her bed and made her way downstairs.

She saw how pitch black it was and turned on a few lights as she walked into the kitchen where she found an energy drink.

Even though she knew those didn't work well she picked up the can and opened it. Then an idea crossed her mind, something to end her reoccurring nightmares. She dropped her arm that held the can to her side careful not to spill it as one hand went in her pockets of her pajama pants.

Not feeling like putting any shoes on she kept her socks on as she left the back door of the building and walked on the covered walkway that lit up and she made her way to the lab building. When she got to the door she typed in the pattern she remembered Tony had done and she pushed open the door.

She walked through Bruce's lab then out the side door to get to the hallway trying to find Tony's side of the building. She realized she didn't have the remote to open the door. She pulled her hand from her pocket making a replica of the remote appear in her hand.

She pressed the button, and the doors started to open, "Well shit." Y/n said to herself laughing a bit. She put the remote in her pocket and finished her drink throwing it in the recycle bin before continuing to look for a specific thing.

Y/n walked around Tony's workshop; she checked every spot she could think of not finding what she was looking for. She took a seat in his chair and spun it around to face the computer screens. "J, get me into this computer."

"On it." The voice responded, within seconds Y/n was logged into the computer she opened up a file labeled 'Family' where she found exactly what she was looking for. As Y/n clicked through the pictures she paused when she saw the little girl sitting between Tony and Pepper on the couch. "This, is Morgan Howard Stark." JARVIS stated.

Y/n became a bit emotional as tears slowly formed in her eyes. She moved the image from screen and made it bigger through a hologram. Y/n finally saw her niece for the first time. "Can uh. Can I get this printed somewhere?" She stuttered.

There was a beeping noise coming from the corner of the room. Y/n stood up from her chair walking over to it seeing the picture of the happy family. Y/n didn't hesitate to make a picture frame appear in her hand placing the photo between the glass.

Y/n nightmares could finally stop. The only thing she needed that would help for sure is to meet the little girl in person. Y/n happily left the room feeling complete. She left the building and made her way back to the main building smiling to herself the whole time looking at the ground.

When she reached the glass doors, she notice a body laying on the couch. She quietly opened the door as the body tossed and turned trying to find a comfortable position.

When Y/n got close enough she noticed it was Wanda. She went to go wake her but then notice tear stains on her cheek. For Y/n it was weird seeing Wanda not calm and at peace but for the people in the compound they were used to it.

Mostly Natasha, she would catch Wanda downstairs after waking up from a dream about Vision or Agatha. So while Wanda took the couch Natasha would sleep on the floor next to her then leave early in the morning so no one caught her being 'soft'.

Ever since Vision, and Westview, Wanda never got a full nights rest. She always woke up early then came downstairs to sleep for the rest of the night. The team would notice but wouldn't mention it to her knowing exactly what was causing her nightmares.

Looking at Wanda calmed Y/n, all the anger she had for Wanda disappeared in the moment seeing her in such a vulnerable state– after all if it wasn't for her Y/n wouldn't even care to meet Morgan. She watched as Wandas eyebrows would come down when something bad happened in her dream, how her shoulders rose and fell from every breath she took.

She walked to the corner of the room where she found a large soft scarlet color blanket. Definitely Wanda's Y/n thought to herself as she brought it over to Wanda's stressed and worried body.

She dropped the blanket on top of her tucking it behind her back and under her feet making sure she was comfortable. When she was done she took a step back and smiled slightly to herself before heading up the stairs and back to bed.

When she reached her room she closed the door and put the picture frame on her desk giving it a tap. Y/n then climbed back into bed and for the first time in 24 hours she could close her eyes and be at peace.