Given the chance

The sound of keys hitting again the doorknob filled the air as it was turned, the man walked through the door carrying two cups of coffee and bagels for him and his roommate.

He set the keys in a bowl near the door and placed the food and drinks down on the countertop. Y/n was still asleep in the back room, taking deep breaths as the sun made its way through the window.

He made his way down the hall opening Y/n's room door then locked on the wall, "Food's here, I'd hurry before I give it to Brody." He said as the sound of a dogs pant made its way down the hall. "Hey boy," he crouched down taking the ball from the golden retriever in front of him, he tossed the ball to the other side of the apartment.

The sound of the dogs padded feet running around woke Y/n up in addition to the daily morning wake up calls.

She yawned turning her body expecting to find Wanda next to her but the spot was empty. She looked up seeing the man in the doorway nearly falling off the edge.

She opened her mouth to ask something but nothing came out, Aaron furrowed his brows confused with the way Y/n was acting.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked leaning on the doorframe.

Y/n had so many questions going through her head she didn't know where to begin. She looked around at her surroundings looking at the familiar room.

It was her bedroom, but why was she here? Her heart rate increased as she asked the first thing that came to her mind, "Am I dead?"

Aaron laughed assuming she was joking but it slowly died down when she didn't join in, he clear his throat watching as Y/n continued to look confused.

"Y/n." He said slowly approaching her, she shot her head up studying his every move, "You're not dead." He chuckled, "Why would you think that?"

"Because I saw you-" she cut herself off thinking back to an event that should've been a few hours ago. She started to question herself, wondering if she was dreaming or if she accidentally messed with her own head.

"You saw me die?" Aaron asked,

"What?"

"Because I died?"

"H-how did you know?" She asked,

Aaron shrugged proudly, "The Y/n I know would've responded to me waking her up with throwing a pillow at me of tackling me to get her coffee." He lifted his finger to Y/n's face swiping it across her scars as if the mark would rub off her face and onto his finger. "And you don't have this many scars from your job."

Y/n looked at him in shock of what she was being told, not only did she manage to go back in time, but her friend knew what was happening somehow.

"I'm assuming the future isn't that great huh?"

"Uh no, not really." She said still trying to wrap her mind around everything.

"Anything good?" He inquired as he took a seat on the edge of her bed.

Y/n didn't respond at first she let out a sigh of relief when she caught on to what was happening around her, "a few things."

"Oh yeah? Like what?"

"Well, there's a girl." She began, "We didn't start out on the same foot but later we kinda went for it." She explained.

"What's her name?"

"Wanda...Wanda Maximoff." Aaron tilted his head slightly looking at Y/n's face in disbelief, "What?"

"The Wanda Maximoff? The one who's on the news?"

"What?" With out saying a word Aaron stood up from his seat walking out of her room, out of instinct she followed.

She walked down the hall that showed many pictures the two took through there years of friendship, once they reached the living room Aaron grabbed the remote that was on the couch cushion turning the tv on showing the events of Lagos.

Y/n nodded her head, "Yep, that's the one."

"She's hot." Y/n turned her head quickly grabbing the magazine next to her and using it to hit his stomach.

"Back off." She warned setting the magazine back down on the back of the couch, "you have a boyfriend don't forget that."

Aaron sighed as he hopped over the couch landing perfectly in his spot, "He left me on read for an hour."

"Oh my God." Y/n rolled her eyes and walked away into the kitchen.

"Are we still together in the future?" He asked turning his head to look at Y/n who was taking a sip of her coffee digging through the bag to find a bagel.

Y/n shook her head, "You guys broke up, and then went back into the talking stage."

"Well it was worth a shot." He shrugged.

Y/n lifted the cup of coffee back to her lips and nearly spit it out when she realized what today was. "Aaron?"

"Yeah?"

"Are we supposed to go to the lake today?" She asked making her way to the window as if she would find her answer there.

"Yes, why?" He asked confused.

Y/n turned her body around to face him, "Okay so some guy is going to come up to me and offer a job opportunity, don't let me take it, and if I do don't follow my footsteps."

Aaron sighed shaking his head, "You can't change the future Y/n you know that."

"But if you never join-"

"It was supposed to happen." He tried to reason, "You can't stop what happened." Y/n dropped her head and paused trying to figure out why she was here if to not stop him. "You needed closer."

Y/n lifted her head back up taking a moment to take it all in, she wouldn't wake up unless that's what she got. Aaron got up from his seat and made his way to Y/n.

Once he was right in front of her he pulled her into a hug. "Why the hell are you so tall?" She asked making him laugh.

"I'm gonna miss you Y/n, but things are going to work out for you." She wrapped her arms around him trying to make the moment last as long as possible. "They always do."

"I love you." She mumbled earning a smile to appear on Aaron's face.

"I know you do I'm awesome." As soon as the drop of cockiness left his mouth Y/n playfully pushed him away from the hug. "I'm kidding...I love you too." Aaron playfully saluted her as the reality started to fade away into nothing but blackness.

Y/n opened her eyes, her view on the seats across the jet that were sideways while her head continued to rest on Wandas lap. She turned her head and looked up at her girlfriend who was holding in her own tears as she was also able to the dream play out.

Y/n's hand, that was still holding Wandas, lifted to her lips and she placed a soft kiss on Wandas knuckles. "Thank you."