The Night Sky

"It started when I designed JARVIS. I had him all planned out, I started writing the program for him, but I was also juggling school and other extracurricular activities. Howard, my 'dad', hid me from the world because he saw how cruel it could be and didn't want me to be affected by the people who didn't like him or were crazy about him. When I was older and started working at SHEILD I didn't have the time to work on it anymore and Tony ended up stealing my design. I told him to give me some sort of credit but he said JARVIS was only part of the creation he made. I was a bit dramatic but time after time he was becoming more famous after my work. After a while I barely talked to him and lived on my own still having access to Stark money our dad left. So once the Avengers broke up he reached out to me telling me the truth about our parents and their death. I left, completely cut myself off with him. Out of anger not because I wanted to end our relationship. Turns out he thought I died but I actually was offered a job to capture people and turn them in or kill them earning money. I had to stay at a specific apartment where we all live, but I was never in a cage, they paid me good money; I was there best. When half the universe dusted Tony got married and had a baby, I was never there because I was 'dead' then Tony actually died but that didn't last long. And yeah, that's it." Y/n explained.

"How much am I worth?" Wanda asked.

Y/n looked at her confused before catching onto what Wanda was asking, "$500,000" Y/n answered.

"Not bad." She said raising her drink dramatically, Y/n looked back out the window realizing everything she just shared with Wanda. She was beginning to trust her, possibly beginning to- she brushed it off when she saw the small storm had passed and it was no longer raining,

After a couple of minutes, the two stood up and left the coffee shop. They continued walking pass the compound heading back to their place on the roof. Y/n made blankets and pillows appear on the top for them to get comfortable as they looked at the stars.

As Y/n laid down on the blanket looking up at the sky, Wanda got herself comfortable laying her head down on the pillow next to Y/n. The silence was comfortable as the two laid down awhile, able to hear the crickets and the lights that flickered down the street.

"Have you ever been able to see a constellation?" Wanda asked,

"On paper yeah, but whenever I try to see them in real time I never can." Wanda lightly chuckled,

"I thought I was the only one."

"Well, you're not alone Maximoff." She turned her head to look at Wanda still looking at the sky. Wanda smiled to herself feeling a sense of comfort in Y/n's choice of words.

"Have you ever gotten close with someone?" Wanda asked not really having time to process the question she randomly asked,

"Eh, I'm a Stark. What do you think?" She inquired turning her head again to face Wanda. When the witch felt the stare from Y/n, she turned her body on its side leaning on her elbow looking down at the blanket.

"I think." She began tracing patterns on the blanket beneath them. "You meet a lot of people. Get close with them for a night. But you've only opened yourself up to three people in your life."

"Who are the three people?" Y/n asked tilting her head slightly honestly wanting to know the people she would name. Wanda looked up from the blanket to Y/n's eyes,

"One of them being yourself. I don't know who the other ones are, it was just a guess." Y/n took a minute thinking about Wanda's words, she was right about everything. Y/n nodded her head turning to look back at the sky while Wanda laid back down.

After about 20 minutes of doing nothing Y/n decided it was a good idea for them to head back into the compound. She flipped over so she was sitting on her knees and noticed Wanda started to drift off.

She didn't say anything a first, taking a second to see how the moon shined on her, there was something about her that made Y/n not able to look away.

She couldn't put her finger on it, she was able to look at her before, many times. Why was this different? She watched as Wanda would tense up from something happening in her dream, then immediately relax.

Y/n wanted Wanda to be comfortable, not just a around her but around the people in the compound. She noticed how Wanda would seem tired through the day, yet very attentive. She noticed how Wanda would turn around from the group to yawn not wanting anyone to notice.

But Y/n did.

Looking down at Wanda /n came to realize something. She opened up to Wanda more than she has anyone lately. Y/n was starting to trust her. The comfort she found in Wanda, she was slowly falling in love and it took her some time to notice it.

She turned her gaze back to the sky closing her eyes for a moment allowing her to soak in all the excitement she had before she came to reality. There was no way Wanda would love her back.

"Hey," Y/n said leaning down, shaking Wanda's shoulder, "Wake up." Wanda slowly started moving her head and turned over seeing Y/n, she smiled softly sheepishly so Y/n helped her up.

Y/n lifted Wanda's head as she began to wake up more, she held Wanda's hand pulling her up as she made the blankets and pillows disappear.

By the time they made there way into the compound, Y/n was sat on the top of the couch from behind and rolled over to laying down, "You're not coming up stairs?" Wanda asked,

"I don't have the energy." Y/n said reaching for a blanket that was in the chair next to the sofa. Wanda watched Y/n struggle, not wanting to get up so she walked over to the chair picking the blanket up and handing it to Y/n. "Thank you." She said as she fixed it to cover her as she turned over and quickly went to sleep.

Wanda debated about staying or not, before taking a seat in the floor next to Y/n on the couch. She used her magic bringing a blanket to her as she leaned her head on the seat of the couch resting next to Y/n's sleeping body.