Maria | 2

All I could think of that night was my past

All I could think of that night was my past. My family. My life before.

Summer of 2001. Me and my family were staying at our log cabin, no one would of been able to find us there. I was by the lake, shooting at targets.

Missed.

Missed.

Missed again.

I threw the pistol onto the floor, causing it to shoot upwards, hitting a bird passing by.

"ty poluchil eto ot menya" [you get it from me] my father said chuckling at my screwed up face.
He walked over to me, picking up the gun and putting it in my hands.

"Breathe... aim, and pull-"

The bullet flew from it, leaving a trail of smoke behind.

" ya sdelol eto! ya sdelol eto!" [i did it! I did it!] I cried with a huge smile plastered across my face.

" otlichnaya rabota! Odnazhdy ty stanesh' otlichnym ubiytsey" [well done! you're gonna make a great assassin one day] he exclaimed while throwing me playfully in the air.

...

I spent all summer practicing on that target.

One night, me and my older sister Diana were playing in the woods, building secret dens pretending we were fighters from the old times. But the joy was all crushed when we heard gunshots, amongst loud voices. We both looked at each with fear in our eyes.

"Mama" Diana said under her breathe.

"Wait here" she told me " don't move from this spot".

I watched her walk back down the trail we both made, so we could always find her hideout again. Me being a stubborn 5 year old, didn't listen. I quietly followed her back to the entrance of the woods, and hid behind a near by tree.

"Mama!" She screamed, running towards our parent's bodies laying on the field.

Whoever they were, they showed her no mercy. The gun shots echoed around in my head. I was alone.

Chapter two!!!!
What do you think?
I thought it was kind of touching
But I wasn't sure about it really.
Let me know what you thought!!

Please consider to follow and vote 🦋