Hospital | 9

~Recap~

~Recap~

People filled over corner of the floor, drinking and dancing. Silas and Alek had gone to the bar, leaving me alone.
"Care to dance?" I heard someone ask from behind me. I spun around, my hand flew to my garter, ready to pull out my gun.

...

"You keep popping up everywhere don't you" I said smirking. Elijah shrugged.
"Not my fault" he chuckled "so, care to dance?" He held out his hand. I playfully rolled my eyes and took it.

He pulled me onto the dance floor. I placed my hand on his shoulder and we intertwined hands. It was as if we were the only ones in the room.

 It was as if we were the only ones in the room

Soft music drowned out my thoughts. He kept me close as we slow danced throughout the floor. I felt people's stares burning.

He gently spun me around and pulled me back in. I rested my head on his shoulder, slowly swaying back and forth. The music finally finished. Claps were echoing through the hall. A more upbeat tune was now being played.

"Champagne ma'am?" A butler asked forwarding a platter with bubbling Champagne on top.
"Thank you" we both took one.

"So" I started, taking a sip from my glass. " what are you doing here"
"I was going to ask you the same thing"
"Random invite" I said shrugging. Alek and Silas began to walk back towards me from the bar.

"Maria" said alek nodding.
"Guys this is elijah. elijah this is Alek and Silas, my henchmen"
They nodded and elijah returned it.

"Ladies and gentlemen" a booming voice came. "I would like to thank you all for coming, this is where it gets fun" and with that he stepped down from the microphone. We all exchanged confused looks with one another. Who was that?, I thought.

Suddenly, the sound of bullets being fired echoed through the building, screams filled with terror followed after. I whipped my gun out of my garter, the boys did the same. Men in masks covering their faces came into view, firing from machine guns. Guests scattered everywhere like headless chickens. I aimed my gun and knocked one of them down.