Back to you | 30

I groaned in pain as I lifted myself onto my forearms, slowly opening my eyes until they adjusted to the light completely

"Thank fuck you're awake" my head snapped to my side to see Antonio, a look of pity on his face and i piece of paper in his hands.

"Hey" i mumbled.

"While you were asleep i sent your mail out" he smiled

It was silent for a while.

"What's that?" We both look at the paper in his hands.

"Oh... you may want to see this" he gave it to me, that sad look back on his face.

Dear elijah,

By the time you read this I'll already of left the hospital. You were the best thing that's ever happened to me in my life so far, I'm sorry we didn't work out. You made everything brighter when it was only darkness, you changed me for the better. One day you're going to meet another woman, and she'll be everything you're looking for, more than I ever will be.

Maybe we'll meet again one day, if the fates allow.

Love, maria.

I shot up with a hiss of agony, but still managed to stand to my feet.

"What time is it?" I questioned.

"Elijah s-"

"Tell me the fucking time, Antonio"

He sighed, taking out his phone "8:15am"

I darted from the room, even though the familiar, sharp pain sparked through my body every now and then. I needed to find her.

I was just hoping and praying i wasn't too late...

"Ready to go?" Alek asked as he creeped into my room

"Ready to go?" Alek asked as he creeped into my room. I nodded. He grabbed 2 of my suitcases and carried them downstairs.

We had a home in Australia. It was sort of like a safe house. So we'd be staying there for a while.