M&M's | 43

I fixed the pillows on the bed, making sure everything was perfect

Ari was staying this weekend, so i had spent most of the morning preparing the guest room.

The blankets were pink and the pillows were fluffy. Toys from every store I could think of were spread out over the shelves and dressers and a ginormous pink teddy bear with a silk bow was sat in the corner of the room beside the toy box.

She'd only be here for one night, but i wanted her to feel comfortable.

"Amore"

My eyes found Elijah resting against the doorframe, his hands tucked into the pockets of his slacks.

I smiled, moseying on over to him. I slipped my arms around his neck,

"What do you think?" I asked, cocking my head to the side.

"She'll love it" he lowered his lips down to mine in a soft kiss, allowing them to linger for a while.

I pulled away, catching my breath when the sound of the doorbell ringing echoed to us. Elijah groaned.

I wrapped my fingers around his, dragging him with me down the hall.

He quickly caught up, suddenly lifting me off of the ground by my waist, my back crashing into his chest.

I laughed, feeling his mouth on the shell of my ear.

"We could stay up here and say we're not home. I can think of something
I'd much rather do"

"Elijah put me down" I chuckled

"Why" he whined. "I want to spend as much time with you as I possibly can, my love"

He placed me back down, spinning me around to face him. My palms rested on his shoulders, gliding down to his biceps.

"We have all the time in the world, it's not like you're going anywhere anytime soon"

For a split second something flashed in his eyes, but they quickly returned to their hard gaze. He shook his head.

"No of coarse not" he smiled, clutching my wrist "now come on, we don't want to keep them waiting"

He'd already dragged me down the stairs and swung open the front door before I could question him.

Alice was stood underneath the porch, Ariana on her hip who gasped excitedly when she saw us, wriggling away from Alice and lunging herself at me.

"Auntie ria!" She squealed. I lifted her up. "Auntie ria look, I've brought all of my toys"

Aria pointed to the pink suitcase beside her mother's feet. Alice simply shrugged.

"She insisted"

I chuckled

"Will you play tea parties with me?" Ari asked, rolling out her bottom lip.