Waves | 28

She wants proof, and i can easily get it for her

It was the next day, 5:00 in the evening, and i was currently in my office, looking at the cctv footage from that night.

It felt like she'd never left when she was in my arms at the ball, swaying too the Rhythm. I never wanted to let her go. For those few minutes she was with me, i felt whole again.

Suddenly Antonio Burst through the door.

"Elijah, you have to come quick" he breathed, placing his hand onto his knees trying to catch his breath. "One of the warehouses is being attacked, the guards can't hold them for long"

I shot up from my chair, storming towards him "lets go" i grabbed onto the collar of his shirt and dragged him out with me.

What have i got myself into

I was perched on the end of my bed, staring at the two dresses emma had in her hand. I let out a sigh.

"I don't wanna do this" i groaned, falling onto my back.

"Maria, i hate seeing you sad. Just at least try to have fun"

Emma had organised me a date with one of her old friends. Apparently he was gorgeous, and very sweet. But we all know what sweet is code for, boring.

"You owe me" i scowled, propping myself up on my forearms.

"Yeah yeah whatever" she rolled her eyes "now hurry up and pick this fucking dress"

i thought for a while, with a small 'hmmm'. "The red one" i pointed to the ruby red dress that rode up to the middle of my thigh. It was paired with some black heels and a black shoulder bag.

It fit like a glove. I applied light makeup and slipped into my black leather jacket. My hair was straightened and rested over my shoulders comfortably.

"Stunning" emma sang when i walked out of my closet.

"I know" i smirked, picking up my phone from my bedside table. The time was 6:30 and i was supposed to be meeting him within 1o minutes.