Autumn | 24

I sat crossed legged before the full-length mirror, applying light makeup

Today we were going to the pumpkin patch with emma and Silas. A double date kind of thing. I'm really happy for them, since they've decided to take their relationship to the next level. Now they've gone public!

Alek wasn't best pleased about it at first, but now he only cares about his sister's happiness.

Emma was the one who organised the whole day. I wasn't actually sure where we were going, but it was extremely chilly outside so I wore a pair of skinny jeans with a white, knitted sweater.

"Babe" Elijah whined, walking out of the bathroom with a frown on his face. He wore a pair of denim jeans with a simple, black netted jumper that hugged his neck. His hair was messy, as per usual but he looked incredibly sexy.

"Yes?"

"Do we have to go?" he pouted.

I chuckled at him, honestly sometimes he could be such a child.

"We spoke about this last night, we're both going because they're our friends" I brushed my eyelashes with my Maybelline mascara before throwing everything back in the makeup bag beside me.

"I fucking hate socialising" he grumbled as he plopped down onto the bed.

"I know how you feel" I checked my attire one more time in the mirror.

"You look gorgeous" Elijah smiled, pulling me onto his lap.

"You don't look too bad yourself" I smirked. Suddenly, my phone pinged indicating I had received a message. I quickly checked it.

"Emma sent us the link for the route, we better get going" I stood to my feet and swung my small, black, velvet bag with a gold chain over my shoulder, shoving my phone inside along with my wallet and some other essentials.

I picked up my beige, ted baker wool wrap coat, from the coat hanger beside the front door and slipped my arms into it. Elijah wore his grey twill, button down wool coat and we stepped out.

The autumn breeze crashed into me, pushing my hair behind me slightly. Leaves had already began to fall from the trees, beautiful shades from orange to a yellowish green. Autumn and winter were my most favourite seasons. Sure, summer is great.

But there's just something about dressing up warm to go get a coffee and walking through streets that are scattered with dry leaves,  or decorating your house for fall with tiny pumpkins in the centre of dining tables.

We settled inside the Land Rover. I turned the radio up full blast as it played 'back to black' by Amy winehouse. She was one fine motherfucker, and had a beautiful voice.

The car ride was about two hours, which in the meantime we chatted about anything and everything or sang along to the radio. Elijah was a little bit of a prune and wouldn't sing with me, but i caught him bobbing his head to the beat which he protested was not true.