Beauty in the simple things | 36

I folded my clothes and placed them neatly into the suitcase, resting an extra pair of trainers onto the pile

It was Boxing Day, and Elijah had told me to start packing for some sort of surprise. I hadn't the faintest idea of what it could be, but nonetheless i was intrigued. So instead of being stubborn and letting the question ponder in my mind, I obliged.

I stood to my feet, brushing my hands over my knees. I sighed, throwing the bag onto the bed and finishing zipping it up.

I heard someone clear there throat and my head snapped to the sound.

Elijah was stood in the doorway, propping himself up against the smooth wood by his shoulder.

"Are you ready?" He asked softly, straightening his posture, stalking towards me.

I wrapped my arms around his neck while his hands rested on my lower back comfortably. I tilted my head to the side slightly.

"Mhm" i hummed, pecking his lips. He smiled into the kiss, nibbling down onto my bottom lip.

I pulled away, making him groan.

"Come on, I'm desperate to see what you've planned" when I tried to grab my suitcase it was snatched away from me. I glanced at Elijah who shook his head.

"Elijah" i whined "I'm quite capable of carrying my own suitcase"

He planted a kiss on my forehead and walked out. I followed close behind with a huff.

When we reached the foyer i pulled my beanie over my head, adjusting my hair.

Elijah opened the land rover's back door for me and we settled inside.

...

"Thank fuck" i groaned, the car finally coming to a stop. But just when i was about to step out, i felt a soft hand on mine. I looked up to meet Elijah's soft gaze.

We stayed like this for a few moments in each other's silence, communicating with only our eyes.

"Close your eyes" he whispered. Hesitantly, i obliged, and slowly closed my eyes.

The cold air snuck through the small holes in my cardigan as Elijah led me out. The sweet aroma of pine trees reached my nose and i exhaled a heavy breath. The sound of birds singing their song was within earshot and the whistle of the wind created such a calming environment.

I felt a presence behind me.

"Open"

I gasped.