Elijah | 12

My eyes began to open

My eyes began to open. I shot up, scanning the room. Suddenly the events of last night came flooding back.
"Oh god" I whispered to myself, burying my face in my palms.

Ok Maria think, what happened! I went out to dinner with... elijah! so this must be his house? I thought. I began to get up, resting my feet on the fur carpet.

Clash!

My gaze darted to the noise. The balcony doors were open?

I walked over slowly...

"Wow" I gasped. He had laid the table beautifully with a variety of dishes.

 He had laid the table beautifully with a variety of dishes

"Breakfast?" He pulled me a chair and I sat down.
"This looks delicious"

I lifted the lid from the dish. Pancakes! my favourite, I thought. I took one of the forks and began to eat. To my right was a mug of coffee and to the left was a bowl of fruit. I took a strawberry from the bowl and popped it into my mouth.

I frowned.
"What's wrong?" Elijah asked.
"I leave for London today, I completely forgot"

Elijah thought for a moment. Suddenly a smile began to form on his face.
"I laid some clothes out for you on the chair, get dressed and meet me by the door" he got up and went inside. I didn't understand why, but I did as I was told and went to change.

On the armchair was a beautiful blue, floral summer dress. I quickly wore it and went to meet Elijah at the door. I ran my hands down the banister of the spiral staircase, slowly stepping done.

I felt Elijah's eyes trail over my body.
"You look beautiful" he smiled.

...

"Where are we going" I asked. We were waking down the streets of Paris. Everything was so stunning, now I know why my mother always dreamed of coming here.

Flower garlands were intertwined throughout the balconies, with bees flying around them gasping for even a drop of nectar. Children were dashing past with melting ice creams in hand, their screams and laughter