Mr volcov | 10

Rain tapped against the window, releasing a calming sound into the dark room

Rain tapped against the window, releasing a calming sound into the dark room. I began to stir in my sleep, slowly waking up. I looked around, my eyes adjusting to the new shade of light. I sat up. The sound of the storm was comforting, causing memories to flood back...

~third person~

A young Maria was sat on the couch with her legs crossed, a pillow resting in her lap. Suddenly, lightening struck with thunder following after. She pulled the pillow from her lap and buried her face into it.

Anastasia, Maria's mother, came into the room.
"Maria darling" she cooed. A frightened Maria looked up from her pillow. Her mother's heart broke seeing her tear stained face. She walked over to the couch and pulled her onto her lap, hugging her tightly.

"Mama, I'm scared" Maria sniffled.
"It's ok sweetheart" she hummed, slowly rocking back and forth. She began to hum a sweet tune, calming the small girl,

Maria nuzzled herself into her mothers arms, slowly falling asleep to the sound of her voice...

...

I stepped into the small kitchen. I quietly opened one of the cupboard doors and took out a tall white mug, pouring myself a cup of coffee.

I sighed, wrapping my hands around the steaming cup. The silence was bliss. I had opened the Curtains, brightening the room a little more to also reveal The practically empty streets with only the occasional person now and then.

One of the doors clicked, opening slightly. My head shot towards the sound. My breathing levelled again once I realised It was Silas, half asleep walking towards the kitchen. A yawn escaped his mouth as he reached for the coffee, slightly pouring some on his hand accidentally.

"Ouch!" He exclaimed, rushing to run it under cold water. I rolled my eyes at his clumsiness and turned back to the window.
"What's all the racket" someone groaned. Alek came out of the other room, Rubbing his eyes.

"There goes the peacefulness" I mumbled under my breath.

...

I walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower. Hot water instantly hit my skin, causing me to shiver.

Squeezing the shower gel into my hands I began to massage it into my body, breathing in the sweet scent of the passion fruit aroma.

After some time I stepped out, taking a towel from the rack and wrapping it around my body.

I wore a glittery tank top that hugged my ribs nicely, revealing some of my cleavage, with a checkered skirt and a silk blazer. I brushed out my damp hair and pushed it back into a ponytail.