Memory Lane | 44 🔥

14th February, Valentine's Day

"We can get in through the doors on the left side of the building. The event will be taking place In the grand hal" I quickly took a sip of my coffee,then placing it down beside me before continuing " we'll begin to train next week on Monday. Before then i want everything you can find on Stefan Morozov"

"We don't need to train" a guy grumbled his arms crossed over his chest, looking snuggly at his peers "we're strong enough, and what sort of men would we be if we listened to a woman?"

Everybody lowered their heads.

Fucker.

I chuckled softly, pressing my hands down firmly onto the table as i leaned over "i see your new here. But let's get one thing straight. You follow my rules around here, and if you don't, i will carve out your fucking eyes with my acrylic nails you rude, self centred cocky bastard. So i suggest you learn when to shut your fucking mouth"

"Although, i suppose I'm just a woman, right?"

He was silent, slumping back into his seat with an uncomfortable expression on his face.

I smiled "good. Now if you don't mind, I'd like to carry on. But before we do, does anyone else have something to say?"

Everyone shook their head, replying with a 'no ma'am'.

"So, i-"

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, I groaned. The caller ID flashed 'my love <3'

"My apologies, but i have to take this. Alek can you continue for me please" i slipped out of the room, making my way down the hallway, the only sound within earshot being my heels clicking against the marble floor as i walked.

I can't believe I'm having to work on Valentine's Day. Absolutely fucking ridiculous. Although, this morning elijah made me breakfast in bed with a dozen roses and gifts. He spoiled me rotten.

Once i was far Away enough from the conference hall, i answered the call.

"Maria? what took you so long? I was starting to get worried"

"Sorry i was in a meeting. kicking ass, as per usual"

He chuckled "That's my girl"

"So, what's up?" I pushed the door to my office open.

"I wanted to know what time i could pick you up"

"I have a few pieces of paperwork left to do and I'll be finished, it shouldn't take too long" I glanced down at the masses of paper on my desk, scowling.

"Well hurry up, i miss you"

I laughed "i left like 2 hours ago"

"Yes and do you know how long that's been"