Love | 16

I began to slowly open my eyes

I began to slowly open my eyes. I was surrounded by darkness. The curtains were closed and i was underneath a blanket. I sat up. The clock beside me read 8:30.

Knock!
Knock!

The door slowly opened. I knew it wasn't a maid, so it had to be elijah. And it was.

"Oh good you're awake" he smiled, taking a seat on the edge of the bed "I thought we could go out for dinner, if you feel like it"
"That sounds good"

"Why don't you go get ready, I'll be waiting downstairs" he planted a kiss on my forehead before walking out of the door

I took a few minutes to grow used to my surroundings, and enjoy the silence, before going into the closet.

I pulled open the wardrobe doors and chose out a silk green dress and white heels. I wore the outfit and came out of the bedroom, walking down the staircase.

Elijah was waiting for me at the end

Elijah was waiting for me at the end. He looked up at me and smiled.
"Ready to go?" He asked, giving me his hand.
"Ready"

"Where are we going?" I asked once we were sat inside the car.
"It's a surprise"

...

The car started to pull up outside an Italian Restaurant. Elijah came out first and gave me his hand, i took it and we strolled inside where We were greeted by one of the waiters.

"Good evening, table for two?" He chirped. Elijah nodded and we were led to a small table next to a window.

"What would you like to eat" the waiter asked after we were seated.
"I think I'll have the spaghetti please"
"I'll have the same" elijah said. The waiter wrote our orders down and left.

"I won't be long" I mumbled, standing up and making my way to the bathroom.

Two young waiters were stood by the kitchen entrance talking. One of them glanced at me but I shook it off and went about my business.

2 minutes later I came out and they were still lingering, like flies over something sweet. One of them harshly grabbed my shoulder, spinning me around. Instinctively I clutched his neck, pinning him against the wall harshly.