Little black dress | 42

I struggled with the zipper of my black sleeved mini dress

I struggled with the zipper of my black sleeved mini dress. It seemed the more i tugged at it the more jammed it became. I groaned, my arms slumping to my side.

Today was the day of the funeral and It had been a pretty stressful few weeks or us all, with the preparations and everything else. The grief.

Elijah especially. I think most of the Time he'd been trying to distract himself from the reality, with me, with work. Anything that'd take his mind away from the fact that he'd just lost his brother.

I tried to tell him it wasn't healthy, but he never listened. It would just end in an argument, with him apologising every time. And every time i walked out.

It had been like that for almost 2 weeks, and i was beginning to fear the worst for our relationship.

I picked out a pair of diamond studded earrings and wore them along with some black ankle strap heels.

Elijah strolled in through the bedroom door, fiddling with his tie as he did.

I raised a brow "need any help?"

He looked up "no thank you, mi love, i can do it myself"

I rolled my eyes "Elijah get your ass over here now"

He sighed, but nonetheless wandered towards me, a frown on his face. I smiled, folding the tie around his neck neatly.

While i was busy with his tie, Elijah effortlessly zipped up my dress. My mouth hung open.

"What the fuck!" I gaped "I'll have to burn you at stake for that for that illegal wizardry, sir"

He laughed "oh really? Then you're coming down with me" i let out a squeal when he pulled me onto the bed with him.

Our laughter died down after a few long seconds and an uncomfortable silence surrounded us. Elijah brushed a strand of hair behind my ear as i sat straddling his waist, staring down at him.

"you have such a beautiful smile" i told him, admiring his dimpled grin.

"I smile for you, mi amore. Everything i do is for you"

I felt butterflies in my stomach flutter around like crazy at his gentle words.

"We should be going, you know. We don't want to be late" I went to stand on my feet but was pulled back down. I groaned.

"Let's stay here instead, i can think of something I'd much rather do" he smirked, his thumb stroking my inner thigh.

"O Bozne, Elijah don't" i moaned quietly, my eyes clamped shut. He removed his hand and i exhaled a heavy breath.