Happy New years | 39

As soon as we arrived back i barged into my office

Yesterday i tried everything to get through to Diego, but nobody was able too. Not even the hackers I'd hired, the best throughout Italy, could track him down.

I was beginning to fear the worst.

Of coarse, i knew what he was going to do when he called. something was off from the start. He'd sent himself out on a potential suicide mission.

Although, we don't know if he is... dead.

He could of just disappeared, left on a secrecy getaway, escaping the clutches of the family business.

But What if he had done exactly what I'd thought in the first place. How would i tell alice? And Ariana? And matteo? And-

The sharp sound of glass shattering took me out of my thoughts.

I glanced down at my hand, blood pouring out of the wound. Yet i didn't feel anything. Was i dreaming? Was i hallucinating?

"Elijah" a gentle voice called...

We arrived back home about three hours ago, and i was in the kitchen catching up with Elizabeth, a steaming mug of coffee in my hands, my hip resting against the countertop

These last 4 days have been the best days of my life; quiet, relaxed and with the one i love most.

"It's been so strange without you both. And the dogs seemed to have missed you terribly" Elizabeth took a sip of her tea.

That was certainly true. As soon as we stepped out of the car they darted from the house and jumped at us.

My little babies.

"Speaking of Elijah, where is he?"

I shrugged "i don't know" I placed my mug on the kitchen island "but i have an idea"

Making my way upstairs, I slowly pushed open the door to Elijah's office.

The room was pitch black, and from afar i noticed a figure slumped down behind the desk.