Happy new years (part-2) | 40

I slammed the door behind me, storming down the stairs

Questions were racing through my mind quicker than i could register them, Everything that happened in the last ten minutes coming together in one giant blur.

Something serious had happened, and i was determined to find out what.

When i reached the last step i could already hear multiple pairs of heels thundering down the hall towards me.

"What was that? Is everything ok?" Alice hurriedly asked.

I just took a deep breath and smiled, trying to make my 'yes' sound not so wavy.

"Did he hurt you? I'm gonna fucking kill him" Emma was about to run up towards the bedroom, but i grabbed her arm before she was even able to get close to the stairs.

"I'll help" Alice chimed in from behind her.

"No" i quickly said "leave it. Please"

I was seething with anger at his sudden outlash, but i had to tightly contain it. I didn't want the drama tonight. Tonight i want to be able to forget everything and enjoy the moment.

"Now can we go? It's New Year's Eve and i want to have a good time"

She was silent for a moment before reluctantly nodding her head, linking arms with me and Alice.

"Let's go"

...

I stepped out of the taxi first when the car had came to a stop beside the pavement.

I exhaled a large breath, taking in the fresh air that brushed soothingly against my bare arms.

We had picked matteo and dante up on the way here, alek and silas were meeting us somewhere inside.

A large neon sign was hung above the double doors leading into the club that read 'Columbiano', just like alice had said.

Dante payed the driver and followed after us as we all walked in.

Music was blaring through speakers that were placed in every corner of the room. A huge disco ball hung over the dance floor, projecting bright colours throughout the building that was cramped with people.

We made our way over to the bar where alek and silas were sat.

"Privet" Alek turned to me, gripping his glass of scotch "gde ll'ya? Kto-nibud' dolzehn umeret' segodnya vecherom?"

[hey, where is elijah? Does anybody need to die tonight?"

I scowled "net alek"