Betrayal | 25

It has been almost a week since the pumpkin patch

It has been almost a week since the pumpkin patch. I was currently sat on our bed, my legs crossed as I propped myself up against the headboard, reading a new book that'd had been delivered to the library.

A classic: 'Jane eyre' by Charlotte brontè

We'd spoken about my past too, I was so thankful of how understanding he was.

Flashback:

He cradled me against his chest as I sobbed, the tears were endless. One after another they poured and I couldn't help it.

All I could see was their faces, their cold bodies embedded in the ground, the blood changing it's colour.

(The dream)

"Mama please wake up" I whimpered, gasping for air due to my rough cries.

Suddenly, two strong arms lifted me from behind. No matter how much I kicked and screamed, it seemed they'd fallen on deaf ears.

I was thrown into what looked to be a van, although I'd hit my head quite hard on one of the walls.

That's when I passed out...

...

My eyes fluttered open to be met with a set of bars. My gaze darted all around me. I'd never seen anything like that place before. The scent off blood invaded my nose making me want to be sick.

"Why am I here?" I cried to the man outside of my cell.

No reply.

"Please help me"

(End of dream)

"I don't remember a lot, they drugged me and I lost most of my memory. But I know I escaped when I was 10 years old, with the help of alek and Silas. We have been on our own ever since then" I told Elijah who was listening very carefully.

I don't know where I'd be if it wasn't for alek and silas. They saved me when I had no one, no family, no friends. I was a slave. But they became my family, and I'll be forever grateful for them.

"You'll never have to go through that again" he kissed the top of my head.

"I'll always be here for you, And I'll always love you" he whispered, tightening his arms around me.