Back in business | 21

My eyes fluttered open

My eyes fluttered open. The room was pitch black, nothing but a dimly lit lamp in the corner of the room next to the arm chair. I rested on my forearms when I heard someone clear their throat.

"You're awake" a deep voice echoed to my ears.

"Yeah no shit Sherlock" I sneered. They chuckled, and it wasn't until then I got a full glimpse of them once they'd stood to their feet, slowly approaching me.

Elijah.

"What were you doing getting so drunk like that? what if you hadn't of walked into my club and b-"
"Your club?"
"Yes. My club" he grinned proudly "here, you need to drink some water" he placed the glass on the bedside table before turning back to me.

"You have some serious explaining to do" I muttered, leaning against the headboard with my arms crossed over my chest.

He expelled a low sigh before stating, "I was never going to Sicily... a warehouse was broken into and I was supposed to leave and help investigate, but I didn't want to leave you"

I sat and thought for a Moment "I still don't forgive you, you should tell me"
"I know i should... I didn't want to stress you out"
"Well I'm afraid you failed miserably" I mumbled.

"I know I did... but" he latched onto my hand, gently squeezing it for reassurance "I'm willing to do anything for your forgiveness, Tesoro"
"Anything?" I raised a brow, placing a finger under his chin to lift his gaze to mine "don't make promises you can't keep, mr Volcov"

"Try me" he whispered. I chuckled, planting a soft kiss on his lips. He gently cupped my cheek, pulling me closer.

I backed away, taking a few moments to admire his appearance. His hair was a complete mess, covering a little of his face. His dress shirt was unbuttoned half-way and he wore a pair of slacks, his usual attire.

"I'm gonna make you some breakfast, sound good?" he announced, standing
to his feet. I nodded.

"Sure, first I just need to text Emma and tell her where I am" I rummaged around in my bedside table where it's usually kept, yet I couldn't find it.

Oh shit.

"Fuck!" I exclaimed "my phone!"
"Where is it?" Elijah asked.
"Do I look like I know, smart ass!?"

"Ok calm down, where did you last see it?"
I thought for a moment, taking a deep breath "the ball"
"Then they could of stored it behind the bar, I'll call later"

"Thank you" I mumbled.
"Now, you need something to eat. Are you coming downstairs?" he turned to the door, opening it a crack.

I stood up from the bed and skipped out down the hall. The sun was piercing through the windows, streaks of light brighting the slim walkway.

I couldn't remember a lot from last night, only the same image of the street replaying in my mind over and over like a broken fucking record. It was so frustrating.