The in-laws | 33

I was sat in my office, twirling a pen in between my fingers

Today started off good, but maria had to go to work. So i was left to do some paperwork that i had been trying to avoid as best as possible.

I sighed, staring back down at the forms in front of me when the door opened. My head shot in that direction to see my older brother walking towards me.

"Hello brother" Diego smiled.

"Afternoon Diego, what can i help you with?" I sighed, propping my feet up on the desk.

"How have you been?" He asked, sitting down on the armchair opposite me.

"Good, but get to the point brother, what is going on"

"A lot of things" he shrugged "you and your girlfriend have been invited to dinner with the family.

"Dinner?" I raised a Brow "i haven't seen you for 4 years and you want to have dinner?"

"You know why i went away.... we hope to see you both tonight. It's at mama's old place where we're living now"

I nodded.

"We'll be there... well, I'll have to wait and see if plans change. I'll let you know if they do"

There was silence, until Diego stood up.

"Please come brother, everyone's missed you" he strode out, leaving me in my thoughts.

I cant believe him. He fucked off for 4 years and now he wants to have dinner?

"God give me strength" i groaned, throwing my head back and resting my eyes closed.

...

I walked inside, hanging my jacket on the coat hanger stand

"I'm home!" I called, my voice echoing throughout the house.