Chapter-38

*THIRD PERSON P.O.V*

When Jungkook reached his apartment, he certainly didn't expected that the lights of his apartment would be on. Only Yoongi and him lived here. And Yoongi is not back yet, so who could it be? Even if it's a spy, he didn't thought that a spy would be so stupid to actually turn on the lights. Spy's come in the dark and leave in the dark to avoid suspicion. And he knew it very well that there isn't any person who would dare to intrude in his house. He was greatly feared by each and every single person in the Mafia World.

He quietly reached the front door and took out his gun. He soundlessly opened the door and peeked inside. There wasn't anyone in the living room. He got inside with careful steps and closed the door. He was about to go upstairs when he heard a sound of cup cracking from the kitchen. He frowned thinking, 'Is the person here only to eat something?'

He slowly walked towards the kitchen and found a man in a nightwear standing there with his back facing him. Jungkook was really confused now. But he was clear that this person meant no danger. So, he put his gun back and ran towards the person. Before the person could react he had already pressed that man down on his knees with both of his wrists held by Jungkook.

"Leave me you idiot!" A very familiar voice came from the person. Jungkook quickly took a look at the person's face and was not very surprised to see that it was none other than Yugyeom!

Yugyeom got up and massaged his wrists which were held by Jungkook. He glared at the man and said, "Don't you have any manners to ring the doorbell or knock?"

Jungkook's eyebrows shot up in anger and he retorted back, "I think you should ask that yourself first, because I think that this house is mine and one that should have manners is you."

Yugyeom blinked his eyes and shrugged, "You are my best friend and I can come here whenever I want."

Jungkook sighed and punched his arm, "You should at least tell me that you would be crashing here. I was almost ready to shoot you."

The both spread on the expensive leather couch in the living room and Jungkook looked at Yugyeom for an explanation.

Yugyeom said, "I was kicked out by my boyfriend."

Jungkook, "Oh."

Yugyeom was furious hearing his one word and uncaring 'oh'. He shot up and grabbed his collars. "What do you mean by 'Oh'? Can't you give a better response?"

Jungkook calmly pushed him away and said while fixing his collar, "Do you want me to furiously slap my thighs and weep here? Getting kicked out by your boyfriend is a daily thing for you. I am not concerned about you but my gang's reputation. What would people say after knowing that the right hand-man of Jeon Jungkook is afraid of his boyfriend?"

Yugyeom had no words for him, "....."

He opened his mouth to say something but was disrupted by a loud 'bang' sound. Jungkook and Yugyeom looked at each other with serious eyes. The playfulness from before had long ago disappeared now.

It was definitely a gun shot!

Jungkook's pair of chocolate brown eyes darkened. Those weak enemies are trying to do a sneak attack at night, I will pay them equally!

 Yugyeom already has a gun in his hands and was now dialing a number on his mobile phone. As soon as the call was connected, he instructed Soobin to reach with their men. Because Jungkook wasn't here so there was no security around. They were alone and they didn't know how many people are there outside. So, they can't act rashly and need some help.

Jungkook felt a piercing pain in his heart. However there was nothing wrong with him. He felt a pair of invisible hands choking him, he couldn't breathe, something was wrong. He just couldn't calm down but he wasn't worried about himself.

Taehyung!

He shot up from the couch and ran for the door. Yugyeom was fast enough to block him. He was clearly trying to suicide going out there alone.

Yugyeom throw him on the couch and shouted, "Are you insane? What on earth were you trying to do?" Jungkook didn't answered him but only looked at him with the pair of eyes which were filled with: fear, anxiety and worry. Yugyeom was shocked to see his friend so vulnerable and he was damn sure that it isn't because of the sneak attack. He was scared about something else.

Jungkook  opened his mouth and said softly, "I want to see Taehyung!"

Yugyeom has only seen his friend this scared when it was something regarding Taehyung. And this time also it was him. The wheels in his mind spin and his face darkened. Just then his phone rung. 'Hoseok' appeared on the screen and he didn't waste a single second before picking up.

"Where are you?" Hoseok's voice came from the other side.

"With Jungkook."

"Did Taehyung reached there yet?"

Yugyeom felt his blood run cold at those words. He slowly questioned, "Why would he come here?"

"There was a message from Jungkook saying that he is not feeling good, so Taehyung immediately rushed to get there but it has been a long time now and he isn't picking my phone either."

Yugyeom instantly looked at Jungkook and asked, "Did you called Taehyung here?"

Jungkook shook his head and Yugyeom felt dread wash over him. Jungkook looked at him with confused and scared eyes. Yugyeom gestured that it was nothing and said to Hoseok at the same time, "He didn't."

These words were enough for Hoseok to shot up from his bed. He moved towards the wardrobe and put on his clothes.

It was a trap! He shouldn't have let Taehyung leave alone.

He said to Yugyeom, "It means that his phone was hacked." Then his tone became rushed and urgent, "Taehyung is in danger! I will try to trace him."

Yugyeom moved to the window and lifted the curtain up to see the situation outside. His eyes reddened and he muttered with shaky voice, "No n-need."

Hoseok took a shaky breathe and asked, "How is he?"

Yugyeom averted his gaze and said, "Let's meet at the hospital." He ended the call after hearing Hoseok say 'OK'.

He moved toward Jungkook with shaky steps and bend forward to hold his shoulders. Jungkook looked at him and immediately ran outside after Yugyeom motioned him to go outside.

Jungkook ran outside, throwing the door open. However his steps came to an abrupt pause suddenly. His heart shook at the puddle of blood in front of him. It wasn't his first time seeing blood but there was his lover lying in the pool of blood.

"TAEHYUNG!" He screamed and ran towards him. He crouched down and held him in his arms. He didn't cared about the blood that has now covered all of his clothes. Tears poured from his eyes and fall on Taehyung's cheeks. Jungkook felt that the world has stopped and his life is being taken away from him.

Yugyeom also followed quickly and seeing that Jungkook isn't in right state, he quickly picked Taehyung and placed him in the back seat of the car. Jungkook was still sitting in the puddle of bood, frozen, just like a lifeless person. Yugyeom ran to him and supported him up. He didn't cared how his clothes also get dyed red from the blood on Jungkook's clothes. He has never seen the mafia boss crying so pitifully.

And it's all because of love.

He waked to the car supporting Jungkook and made him sit in the front seat. Jungkook didn't speak anything all the way to the hospital, just staring ahead without blinking. 

-------------------