Chapter-39

*THIRD PERSON P.O.V*

Yugyeom stood in front of the Operation Theater, leaning against the wall with his eyes closed. He opened his eyes and looked at Jungkook sitting on the floor with his head buried between his legs. He hasn't said a single word till now. He is just like a statue with no emotions. Yugyeom heard sound of hurried footsteps and looked up. 

It was Hoseok, Namjoon, Jin and Lisa.

Hoseok hurried to Yugyeom and held his shoulders, "What happened?"

Yugyeom's voice was hoarse when he spoke, "He was shot in the head and the operation is going on." Hoseok slid down the wall and sat beside Jungkook who hasn't even looked up once.

Jin covered his mouth and silently sobbed. Namjoon got himself together and hugged him and Lisa, who was not able to hold herself together.

"We shouldn't inform Yoongi and Jimin." Yugyeom spoke after sometime.

Namjoon sighed and shook his head, "No. Jimin and Yoongi are very close to him and they deserve to know. Taehyung is particularly Jimin's whole life. We can't hide something like this from them. Otherwise, it would be difficult to control them." Jin also nodded his head, agreeing with him. 

Namjoon made Lisa and aJin sit on the chairs and dialed Yoongi's number.

Yoongi picked up rather soon and his voice was tense when he spoke, "Hey Namjoon."

Namjoon furrowed his eyebrows and asked, "You sound tensed. Everything okay?"

Yoongi, "Jimin has been feeling restless whole day. He has been saying only one thing and crying that his heart doesn't feel right. Something is not right. He has a strong urge to see Tae right now. He even talked to him today but is still scared."

Namjoon wasn't able to speak anything after hearing him. He silently cried and took a deep breathe before saying, "Come back, now." He knew that he don't need to say anything else, these words are enough. Yoongi quietly hung up after saying, "We'll be there in a few hours."

They are indeed true soulmates. They can feel each other's pain even from afar. Namjoon thought as few tears rolled down his cheeks for the first time in 10 years. He has never cried after the day he took the position of the gang's leader.

He stood beside Yugyeom and patted his shoulder. Yugyeom nodded to him and closed his eyes. He crouched down beside Hoseok and gently placed his hand on his shoulder. Hoseok looked up with wet eyes and immediately hugged him. Namjoon rubbed his back and comforted him, "He is strong. Don't worry, our Tae will make it for sure." Hoseok looked up, his lips trembled and he buried his face between his hands.

Namjoon looked at Jungkook and decided not to disturb him right now. He knew that Jungkook has received a huge shock and is not in the right state of mind. He needs some time alone.

-----------------------

Three hours have passed and the bulb was still not off. Namjoon brought some water and food for everyone but everyone refused to eat. He placed it on the chair and sat back.

"Taetae!" Jimin's panicked voice rung in the whole corridor. 

Everyone except Jungkook looked up to see Jimin running towards them and it's better to not talk about his condition because it was worse than anyone else. Yoongi was running behind him with equally panicked face.

Jin hugged Jimin who sobbed in his arms and fell down. Jin also crouched on the floor holding him in his arms while rubbing his back. Jimin pitifully sobbed while others tried to control their own tears but failed. The bulb finally dimmed and the doctor walked out. Jimin wiped his tears and clasped the doctor's hands.