꒰ summer of '14 ꒱ - jihyo.

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 "son las siete menos cuarto y sigo esperándote."

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 summer of '14 ⸝⸝ jihyo 

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 song of the day: "Verano del '96" by Si Señor. 

ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ.

It's a quarter till 7:00 in the night, and we agreed to meet at 6:00. Sitting alone in the booth at the back of our favorite restaurant, I sigh to myself, clearly mad at myself for believing that she would show up. Almost an hour late, she is, my first love. Yes, my first love: Park Jihyo. Unlocking my phone, the screen reveals our previous text conversation, agreeing to see each other in person after seven years. After seven terrible years of disappointment and isolation, I was going to see her. 

She hasn't changed, I suppose

She hasn't changed, I suppose. It is late at night, and I scoff at the fact that she is probably as hard to understand as before. It is a dark night, yet the stars are brightening it, as well as the cars driving by the glass window beside me. A cold night it is, indeed.  For a minute, I ask myself if she changed her  hair, if she ever got tattoos, or if she hasn't changed at all. My legs were trembling in nervousness as I thought that she could be there at any minute. Years have passed since we last saw each other, most certainly. 

It feels like yesterday, since we last saw each other in August 2014, when Jihyo was changing schools to another country. How I was informed last minute of this event and how I couldn't even bid adieu to her. Everything was left in vain. It was too late and I couldn't even say goodbye to my first summer love. However, I wondered if she ever thought of me, of the kisses I gave her, of the things we nervously did in the school's bathroom. Yes, I still remember; it was the summer of 2014. I still remember how I would run away in secret to see her, and how her smile was my entire life. 

I want to see her. 

Still a quarter left 'till 8:00 and I'm stranded here. She's not coming for sure. I ask myself why the hell she hasn't arrived, and why she hasn't called. Now, what do I do? Of course, I can't give up easily. She'll be here at any moment, I hope. My mind slowly drifts off to our first interaction back in 2014, during our school break-out. 

-𝗙𝗹𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸-

"Don't joke like that, Chaeyoung. Our English teacher isn't that bad. I mean, she gives us a lot of work, but she's not that bad," I say as I giggle with my friend Chaeyoung, who is pouring a considerate amount of vodka into her red cup. 

"Well, she does give a lot of work, but you can't speak! You aced all of her classes," Chaeyoung teased as I giggled in response. 

"Hey, Chae," my crush, Park Jihyo, interrupted, dripping in pool water. "Hey, Y/Nnie," she continued, this time with a brighter smile as she said the nickname she made up for me.