꒰ no more rain in new york ꒱ - momo

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 "i like a tombstone 'cause it weathers well. and if it stands or if it crumbles, only time will tell."

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃"no more rain in new york" ⸝⸝ hirai momo.

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 song for this chapter: "tombstone" ⸝⸝ by suzanne vega.

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 this chapter will conclude the "tom's diner" series. will it have a happy ending, or will it end in a tragedy? who knows, really? stay tuned, onces, for more chapters ahead <3 i hope you enjoy the last chapter for "tom's diner"! please be advised, that this chapter contains sexual content.

ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ

"What do you mean with 'he's dying', Hwasa?" my voice was now shaky again; my throat was growing limp. "Answer me, Ahn!"

I could tell she anxious on the other side of the phone. Her voice was as shaky as mine, and she was trying to find the right words and get herself together. I looked at Momo, who was concerned.

"Y/N, what's wrong?" Momo tapped on my hand as it shook in exasperation.

I whispered in response: "I-It's Dad. He's hurt."

"Okay, but-" she motioned with her hands. "What happened?"

And that's when Hwasa spoke. "You're with Momo?"

"Mhm," I answered.

"Put me on speaker, please," Hwasa requested, and so I did as told.

"Y/N," Hwasa sighed, her voice now stable on the other side of the phone. "What I'm gonna tell you won't be easy, so please bear with me. Your father, somehow, found about you and Momo..."

I looked at Momo and widened my eyes. My whole body went cold and my cheeks flushed. My heart ran twenty-thousand miles per nanosecond, unknowing of how and when my father had found out. Tears strolled down my eyes as I couldn't react in any other way.

"H-He called me earlier and he scolded me for letting you travel out. For some reason, he found out about your outing of the country. Y/N, he knows everything— your plans, everything. And so, I'm guessing he had to run errands or whatever, and now he just got in a car accident," Hwasa continued sobbing uncontrollably.

I did my best to stay calm for Hwasa and Momo. However, it was hard when you were trying to contain your composure as you tried to calm your stepmother down. A million thoughts started sailing in my head all at once. I knew very well that my father's intentions weren't good if he decided to go to New York, what would my father win by traveling to New York? What was he even planning to do in New York? Was he going to attempt to take me back to Korea? And that's when I got it. I gave Momo a very fixated look as I tried to analyze the possibility of my ex-lover challenging my father. She looked back at me and wondered why I stared at her for so long. Hwasa kept sobbing, but it was all gibberish against my thoughts.

"Y/N, you there?" Hwasa called. To my conclusion, I had been silent for too long.

Letting out a sigh, I answered. "Yeah, I'm here. Don't worry, everything will be fine. I'll make sure everything's alright. I'll call you back later, okay?" I was about to hang up the call, but her voice interrupted me from doing so.

"Hey, darling," Hwasa spoke.

"Yeah?" I answered, putting my phone back in my ear to listen to her voice better.

She sighed. "Kill the bastard." And so she hung up.

Her comment caught me off guard, but it was the only way out. But, first, I needed to find out my father's intentions. I looked at the woman in front of me, whose big eyes were fixated on me. Looking at Momo made me feel like time had never passed by— that we had never gotten into any trouble of our own— and we were just lovers. Her eyes made me feel as if there was no hazard or danger in the world; I feel protected just by looking at her. I placed my phone on the table and looked at Momo, whose doe eyes stayed completely intact and fixated on me.